Matthew R. Abatemarco
Top rated family law attorney in Manasquan, New JerseyMatthew R. Abatemarco, Esq., LLC
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 2005
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Newark
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Matthew R. Abatemarco founded his law firm in Wall, New Jersey with the goal of resolving family law issues in a comprehensive and amicable manner. Focusing his practice exclusively on family law, he provides astute and compassionate representation to people throughout Monmouth and Ocean counties whose marriages are coming to an end and who thus are wrestling with issues related to the process, including child custody and visitation, spousal and child support, and the division of complex marital assets and debts.
Mr. Abatemarco strives to help his clients resolve whatever differences they might have in an efficient fashion that maintains integrity for the parties and protects the best interests of the children. Rather than immediately taking a matter to court and subjecting the clients to what could be a drawn-out and expensive battle, his background and training in mediation, collaborative law and arbitration allows him to help his clients reach an accord through the use of those alternative dispute resolution methods. Mr. Abatemarco's ethical approach to what are often emotional and highly charged cases as well as his successes both in and out of the courtroom have all led to his receipt of a "Superb" peer review rating through AVVO.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Abatemarco attended St. Peter's University in Jersey City and received a Bachelor of Arts in 2001. He then went on to pursue his legal education at Rutgers Law School, and he was a recipient of the Mary Philbrook Public Interest Award before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 2005. Admitted to practice before all New Jersey state courts, Mr. Abatemarco is often asked to deliver presentations on family law topics before gatherings of fellow attorneys. His professional affiliations include the Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group, the Monmouth Bar Association and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2005, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://monmouthlawfirm.com/our-team/matthew-r-abatemarco/
- Past President, Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group, January 2014 - January 2016
- Treasurer, Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group, January 2010 - December 2011
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Member of Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group, 2019
- Member of New Jersey State Bar Association, 2019
- Member of Monmouth County Bar Association, 2019
- B.A. Saint Peters University, 2001
- Provided eight hours of Mediation training for other professionals., Lecturer, Mediation Training, 2018
- Provided perspectives of a review attorney to NJAPM members, Lecturer, NJAPM, 2010
- Provided Divorce ADR information to Certified Public Accountants, Lecturer, NJSCPA, Certified Public Accountants, 2013
- Utilizing the Seven Habits to produce better results in Collaborative Practice, Lecturer, Collaborative Law Symposium, 2014
- Provided training for new attorneys and paralegals on the use of the New Jersey Child Support Guidelines, Lecturer, NJ ICLE, 2016
Office location for Matthew R. Abatemarco
1312 Atlantic Ave
Manasquan, NJ 08736
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023