Peter J. Broege
Top rated bankruptcy attorney in Manasquan, New JerseyBroege Neumann Fischer & Shaver, LLC
Practice Areas: Bankruptcy, Creditor debtor rights; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1982
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Newark
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Attorney Peter J. Broege is the managing member of the law firm of Broege Neumann Fischer & Shaver, LLC, in Manasquan, New Jersey. For over four decades, he has offered top-notch individual and commercial bankruptcy representation to debtors, creditors, committees and trustees in and around Trenton, Newark, Camden, Monmouth County and Ocean County before the Bankruptcy Courts.
A well-renowned consumer bankruptcy attorney, Mr. Broege handles cases involving loan workouts and restructurings, commercial transactions, alternative dispute resolution, real estate transactions, and estate planning and probate. With his positive outlook and professional yet compassionate approach, he has helped individuals and businesses navigate through their financial issues under Chapters 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcies. His experience includes his service as an expert witness in bankruptcy, insolvency and commercial transaction litigation.
Mr. Broege completed his B.A. at the University of South Carolina and his MBA at the Northwestern University. Later, he went to Rutgers Law School, Newark to obtain his Juris Doctor. For more than 15 years, he acted as a Chapter 13 Standing Trustee in the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts of Trenton and Camden. He has been a part of the Initial Lawyers’ Advisory Committee in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey. He has served as a court-appointed member of the Local Rules Committee and is a registered mediator.
Admitted to practice before all courts in New Jersey, Mr. Broege is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Law Section and the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section. Having handled the vast majority of his cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey, he has argued several cases in the United States Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. He frequently lectures on bankruptcy for the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Institute for Continuing Legal Education and other professional education organizations.
“We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.”
Practice areasBankruptcy: consumer, Bankruptcy: business, Creditor debtor rights: business, Estate planning & probate
Bankruptcy law, Collections, Foreclosure, Estate planning
- 40% Bankruptcy: consumer
- 30% Bankruptcy: business
- 20% Creditor debtor rights: business
- 10% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1982, New Jersey
- Frequent Lecturer, Bankruptcy, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, New Jersey State Bar Association and the National Business Institute
- Bankruptcy, I.C.L.E., 1987
- Mortgage Foreclosures & Bankruptcy, PLI, 1996
- Member, Monmouth Bar Association, 1982 - Present
- Business Law Section of the American Bar Association, Member
- Bankruptcy Law Section of the New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- Lawyer's Advisory Committee, United States Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey
- New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1986
- Member, American Bar Association, Commercial Law Section, 1982 - Present
- Registered Mediator, United States Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1982
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law Section, 1982 - Present
- Appointed Member, Local Rules Committee, Bankruptcy Court in New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1982
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, M.B.A., 1979
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, B.A., 1974
Office location for Peter J. Broege
25 Abe Voorhees Drive
Manasquan, NJ 08736
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2017, 2021 - 2022