Katherine D. Hartman
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Moorestown, New JerseyAttorneys Hartman, Chartered
Practice Areas: Employment Litigation, Criminal Defense
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1991
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Camden
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
It has been my pleasure during my thirty two years of practice to represent those who are in a struggle with persons or agencies who have enormous resources and power. I feel fortunate to represent David against Goliath, whether Goliath is an employer, municipal entity or the State or Federal government. I take pride in my commitment to protecting the rights of my clients and challenging abuses of power.
First Admitted: 1991, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://attorneyshartman.com/katherine-d-hartman/
- Chair of the Magistrate reappointment committee for Magistrate Joel Schneider USDC; Member of Magistrate reappointment committee for Magistrate Ann Donio USDC; Member of Magistrate appointment committee that appointed Magistrate Karen Williams; Member of the Pro Bono Panel for USDC.
- I was the Chairperson of the New Jersey Lawyers Fund for Client Protection. I am a Past President of both the Burlington County Bar Association and Burlington County Bar Foundation. I have been an active member in the Burlington County Bar Association since my admission in 1991. I am a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association (former member of the Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointments Committee) and the New Jersey Employment Lawyers Association. I am also a member of the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey.
- I am a former member of the Burlington County Vicinage Committee on Minority Concerns
- I am a member of the Pro Bono Panel for the New Jersey Federal District Court and am currently working on two civil rights cases on a Pro Bono basis
- I participated in Burlington County's first Day of Service in October. I regularly speak at community events of topics such as Expungments and the Constitutional implications of Social Media. I am a Past President of the Burlington County Bar Foundation which is the charitble arm of the Burlington County Bar. We raise money for charities throughout the county. I am also a member of the Pro Bono Panel for the United States District Court. , 2009
- I was named the Burlington County Bar Association Professional Woman of the Year in January 2016, New Jersey Law Journal
- Albertus Magnus College 1985
- Rutgers Camden Law School 1991
- Most of the settlments of my employment cases include confidentiality clauses so I am not free to share the figures. I have settled numeous cases involving sexual harrassment, whislteblower, violations of 42 USC 1983, for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Several of the cases I have tried have settled after liability was adjudicated by the jury, but before the damage portion of the case was ruled upon. In the area of criminal law I have obtained more acquitals than convictions in the cases tried.
- I was certified as a mediatior by the Superior Court of New Jersey, 2002
- I was the moderator and presenter on ICLE's Skills and Methods Seminar on Criminal Law, Moderator and Speaker, Skills and Methods - Criminal Law, ICLE, 2007
- Addressed Disability Discrimination under the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, Everything an Employer needs to know about Sick and Disabled Employees, Burlington County Bar Association, 2007
- Spoke to Employment Lawyers about the use of 42 USC 1983 in employment law cases., Speaker, Civil Rights Seminar, NELA-NJ, 2006
- I spoke about the cross examination of Forensic Experts, Presenter, Anatomy of a Major Crime, Burlington County Bar Association-Criminal Practice Committee, 2011
- Presenter at United States District Court (New Jersey) Professionalism Seminar, “The Ethics of Settlement Negotiations,” October 2013. , Presenter, Ethics of Settlement Negotiations, US District Court - District of NJ, 2013
- Presenter at United States District Court (New Jersey) Professionalism Seminar, “The Ethical Issues Facing Private Practitioners,” October 2014. , Presenter, Ethical Issues facing Private Practioners, US District Court, 2014
- Nuts and Bolts of the ADA, PBI - Philadalphia, 2016
- Speaker , Issues in Employment Law, Burlington County Bar Association, 2016
- I presented on Sentencing Issues in New Jersey State Court at a day long Serminar in December., Speaker, 2015
- I was a presenter at this day long seminar on the topic of Recent cases in the New Jersey courts., Speaker, Year in Review for Employment Cases, NJ NELA Seminar, 2008
- I organized and spoke at this Seminar on How to obtain an Expungment., Organizer and Speaker, How to Obtain an Expungement, Burlington County Vicinage Committee On Minority Concerns, 2008
- I addressed the Criminal Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association on the topic of Drug Court at their annual meeting., Speaker, Drug Court, New Jersey State Bar Association, 2008
- I was a presenter for the ICLE Seminar entitled, "Hot Tips in Criminal Law". I spoke on Ethics., Speaker, ICLE, 2007
- I spoke on the subject of Employment Law for the Burlington County Community Law Day Seminar, Speaker, Burlington County Bar Association, 2007
- I addressed the members about how to conduct themselves during an internal affairs interview., Presenter, How to Conduct yourself during an Internal Affairs Interview, Police Benevolant Association 152, 2007
- I represent individuals charged with crimes in Municpal, State and Federal Courts. I represent inviduals who have been wrongfully terminated or mistreated at their places of employment based on their membership in a protected class. I also represent State Troopers and Municipal Employees who have been adminstratively charged with Disciplinary Charges by their departments. I am a member of the Shooting Response Team and am immediately dispatched to shooting incidents involving State Troopers. , 2009
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2007, 2010 - 2024