Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Morristown, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
- Free Consultation
With over four decades of experience, Blair R. Zwillman represents clients in Morris County, Essex County, Union County, Somerset County and Passaic County and most New Jersey. A member of The Law Office of Blair R. Zwillman, he handles cases of criminal law and DUI and is certified as a Criminal Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. In 2007, the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law gave him the Professional Lawyer of the Year Award, and since 2015 he has been an elected Fellow of the American Bar Association. He has been selected to the Super Lawyers list every year since 2005.
Mr. Zwillman attended Lafayette College, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts in 1973. At the New England School of Law, he obtained his Juris Doctor and graduated cum laude in 1976. Currently he is a member of the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey, and the Morris County Bar Association.
Admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey, Mr. Zwillman is also admitted to practice before a long list of federal courts. These include the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. Before becoming a criminal defense attorney, Mr. Zwillman was a deputy attorney general and prosecutor with the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- New Jersey Board on Attorney Certification
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
About Blair Zwillman
First Admitted: 1976, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.njcriminallawgroup.com/attorneys/blair-r-zwillma...
- "The Requirement of Reasons for Parole Denial: A Hollow Right," co-author Barry S. Smith, 10 New England Law Review 455, 1975
- "Variations on a Theme: Admissibility of Expert Evidence," 8 NJLJ 2239, 1999
- Student Comment Editor, New England Law Review, New England School of Law
- "Repeal New Jersey’s Ill-Conceived Gun Law," 193 NJLJ 19, 2008
- "Thwart Efforts to Dilute Judicial Independence," 197 NJLJ 419, 2009
- New Jersey Best Lawyers list, 2012 - Present
- Selected to the Super Lawyers list; Top 100, 2005, Thomson Reuters
- Professional Lawyer of the Year Award, NJ Commission on Professionalism in the Law, 2007
- Elected as Fellow of the American Bar Association, 2015
- Certified Criminal Trial Attorney, Supreme Court of New Jersey, 1983 - Present
- United States Supreme Court, 2010
- Former Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Standing Committee on Jury Selection
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2014
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 1982
- Former Chair, District V-B Ethics Committee
- New Jersey, 1976
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1976
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2014
- Former President, Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- New York, 1983
- Lafayette College, B.A., 1973
- Business Owners
- Corporate Officers'
- Real Estate
Last Updated: 6/2/2022