David M. Blackwell
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Morristown, NJ
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Mr. Blackwell’s practice focuses on professional liability defense, commercial litigation, and employment law.
David handles civil litigation matters, with an emphasis on the defense of professional liability claims, having represented lawyers, accountants, title agents and other professionals for over 20 years.
Mr. Blackwell also concentrates his practice on the defense of employment lawsuits, representing employers in the defense of virtually any type of employment claim, including wrongful termination, hostile work environment, LAD, CEPA, Title VII, Sec. 1983, Wage and Hour, retaliation and other related claims.
Mr. Blackwell also handles commercial litigation, insurance coverage matters and the defense of general liability claims.
Mr. Blackwell was also selected to the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers in 2021. This is the third consecutive year of his selection. The Super Lawyers list, compiled by Thomson Reuters, identifies attorneys who have been recognized by their peers for their professional accomplishments. Details on the methodology used for selection to this list can be found on the Super Lawyers website. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
About David M. Blackwell
First Admitted: 1994, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://dmklawgroup.com/david-m-blackwell/
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- The George Washington University, B.A., 1991
- Hyman Zamft & Manard, LLC v. Cornell, 309 N.J. Super. 586 (App. Div. 1998), 1998
- Dunn v. Borough of Mountainside, 301 N.J. Super. 262 (App. Div. 1997), 1997
- Ponden v. Ponden, 374 N.J. Super. 1 (App. Div. 2004), 2004
- GSC Partners v. Washington Group, 368 F.3d 228 (3d. Cir. 2004), 2004
- Lederman v. Prudential Life Ins. Co. of America, Inc. 385 N.J. Super. 324 (App. Div. 2006), 2006
- Liberty Surplus Ins. Corp. v. Nowell Amoroso, P.A., 189 N.J. 436 (2007), 2007
- Estate of Spencer v. Gavin, 400 N.J. Super. 220 (App. Div. 2008), 2008
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors of the Madison Area YMCA, 2018
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 2019
- Morris County Bar Association New Jersey State Bar Association, 2019
- American Bar Association, 2019
- New Jersey Defense Association, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2003
- New Jersey, 1994
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1994
- District X Ethics Committee
- Selected to the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers for 2021., New Jersey Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2021
- Selected to list of New Jersey Super Lawyers, New Jersey Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2020
- Selected to the list of NJ Super Lawyers, NJ Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2019
- Selected to the list of NJ Rising Stars, NJ Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2009
Last Updated: 5/15/2022