Gerard E. Hanlon
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Morristown, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
With over four decades of experience, Gerard E. Hanlon is a partner with Hanlon Dunn Robertson. His practice is focused on matters of personal injury, legal ethics and criminal law, and he serves clients in the Morristown, New Jersey, area. This includes most of northern New Jersey, including Passaic, Bergen, Union, Essex and Morris counties, as well as Jersey City. Before he became a lawyer, he served in the United States military.
Mr. Hanlon attended Syracuse University, where he majored in political science, graduating in 1965 with a Bachelor of Arts. Moving on to Rutgers Law School, he earned his Juris Doctor in 1973. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, and for his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated, the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
The Supreme Court of New Jersey certified Mr. Hanlon as a criminal trial attorney and civil trial attorney, and he serves on the state supreme court’s Board on Trial Attorney Certification. Mr. Hanlon is a member of the American Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Ethics Committee for the Morris County Bar Association.
An active member of his community, Mr. Hanlon is known for his service, professionalism and integrity. He often represents judges and attorneys who are facing disciplinary action. For family, criminal and ethics matters, he has a reputation for being one of the most reliable representatives around.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Criminal Defense
- 20%Criminal Defense: White Collar
Criminal Law, White Collar Crime
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- New Jersey Board on Attorney Certification
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
About Gerard E. Hanlon
First Admitted: 1973, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.hanlondunn.com/attorney/hanlon-gerard-e/
- , Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers list, 2005 - 2009
- , Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers list , 2005-2010
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Certified as a Civil Trial Attorney
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, B.A., Major: Political Science, 1965
- New York, 1981
- American Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Morris County Bar Association, Ethics Committee, Member, 1985
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- New Jersey, 1973
Last Updated: 1/20/2022