John P. Robertson II
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Morristown, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
- Free Consultation
Mr. Robertson began his career in 1986 as an Assistant Prosecutor with the Morris County Prosecutor's Office, where his assignments included being in charge of the Juvenile Unit and as a member of the Trial Team. Since entering private practice in 1989, Mr. Robertson has devoted himself to vigorously defending individuals accused of various offenses, including serious crimes, disorderly persons offenses, motor vehicle violations (including DWI/DUI and fatal accidents), and juvenile delinquency. Mr. Robertson is also actively involved in the representation of individuals who have been accused of or are the victims of Domestic Violence.
Mr. Robertson practices throughout the state but primarily in the northern counties, in particular Morris County.
Mr. Robertson's philosophy is simple. "I try very hard to treat each client the way I would want to be treated if I were in the client's position: with diligence and competence, but also with honesty and compassion. I don't view the client as merely another case or - worse - as nothing more than a fee. To me the client is a human being who has come to me with a legal problem. It's my job to help that person with his or her legal problem and, hopefully, to achieve the best possible outcome under the circumstances. My practice is built almost entirely upon referrals, generally from other lawyers and previous clients. It is extremely important to me that each client feel completely satisfied with my representation. That is what I strive for."
Mr. Robertson is the Past President of the Morris County Bar Association and the Past President of Morris County Bar Foundation. Mr. Robertson is also a past member of the District X (Morris/Sussex) Ethics Committee as well as the District X (Morris/Sussex) Fee Arbitration Committee. Mr. Robertson has recently served as a Trustee of the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey (ACDL-NJ).
Mr. Robertson graduated from Bucknell University (cum laude) in 1983 with a degree in English Literature. He attended and graduated from The Dickinson School of Law in 1986.
Mr. Robertson has been repeatedly selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers list in the area of Criminal Defense (2009, 2015 - 2021)
- 40%Criminal Defense
- 40%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 20%Family Law
Assault & Battery, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law
- Super Lawyers: 2009, 2015 - 2022
About John P. Robertson II
First Admitted: 1987, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.hanlondunn.com/attorney/robertson-john-p-ii/
- , Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers list in the area of Criminal Defense (2009, 2015 - 2021)
- Trustee, Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys - NJ (ACDL), 2019 - 2021
- New Jersey, 1987
- Morris County Bar Association, Trustee, 1998 to 2002
- Morris County Bar Association, Officer/Secretary
- Morris County Bar Association, District X Ethics Committee, Member, 1995 to 1999
- District X Fee Arbitration Committee, Past Member
- President, Morris County Bar Foundation, 2012
- President, Morris County Bar Association, 2014
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer attorney providing pro bono legal representation for victims of domestic abuse as part of the Battered Women's Legal Advocacy Project ("BWLAP"), a joint program of the Morris County Bar Association ("MCBA") and the Jersey Battered Women's Service ("JBWS").
- Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA, B.A., Honors: cum laude, Major: English Literature, 1983
Last Updated: 5/15/2022