Joseph P. Cadicina
Top rated Family Law attorney in Morristown, New JerseyCadicina Law, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1997
Education: The Thomas M. Cooley Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Italian
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Joseph P. Cadicina focuses his practice on divorce, family law and related matters, generally handling cases that involve divorce, as well as the dissolution of domestic partnerships/civil unions and domestic violence. Mr. Cadicina offers legal counsel and alternative dispute resolution to clients in Morristown, New Jersey, and throughout the state.
Since graduating with distinction with a Juris Doctor from the Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, Mr. Cadicina has dedicated himself to guiding people through some of the most trying experiences of their lives. He understands the personal nature of family law matters, which is why he provides his clients with the compassionate, supportive guidance they deserve. Mr. Cadicina's commitment to maintaining high legal ethics and standards has helped him to receive the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been selected by Best Lawyers in America in the area of Family Law Litigation and Mediation. He was selected in 2019 as Attorney of the Year by Best Lawyers. Mr Cadicina is included on the Super Lawyers Lists since 2006 and selected as Top 100 from 2018-present.
Mr. Cadicina knows that there may be similarities between some family law cases, but that no two are the same. For this reason, he customizes his approach to his clients' needs and legal objectives. Although Mr. Cadicina is prepared to fight on his clients' behalf when necessary, he is willing to use alternative dispute resolution options to help his clients achieve amicable solutions whenever possible. He is a court approved economic mediator for family law cases.
Beyond the courtroom, Mr. Cadicina is actively involved in the legal community. He currently serves on the board of trustees for the Morris County Bar Association as 2021 President, on the family law executive committee for the New Jersey State Bar Association and New Jersey Association for Justice. He is a Court Approved Mediator and a volunteer panelist for Morris County's matrimonial early settlement program. Mr. Cadicina is a member of numerous professional associations, including the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New Jersey Association for Justice and New Jersey Family Law Inns of Court.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Practice areasFamily Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Arbitration, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation, Same Sex Family Law
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Alternative Dispute Resolution
First Admitted: 1997, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.cadicinalaw.com/attorney-profile/joseph-p-cadici...
- Lecture throughout the State on family law issues with New Jersey State Bar Association and New Jersey Association for Justice
- NJ ICLE Lecturer
- Past Chairman of the Board for American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for Northern New Jersey
- Court approved economic mediator for family law cases
- Court Approved Economic Mediator for Family Law cases
- Morris County Early Settlement Program, Volunteer panelist
- Councilman in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey since January 2014
- Seton Hall University, Class of 1992, B.A. in Political Science
- Family Law
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyer for Families NJ , NJ Family Magazine
- Family Law, Best Lawyer for Families, NJ Family Magazine
- With Distinction, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America for Family Law & Mediation
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as published in New Jersey Monthly magazine since 2006
- District of Columbia, 1997
- New York, 1997
- New Jersey, 1997
- Councilman in Boro of Franklin Lakes, NJ
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, Past President of Bar Foundation and President Elect of Bar Association
- Northern New Jersey American Heart Association, Member, Board of Directors
- Bergen County Bar Association, Family Law Section member
- New York & Washington, DC
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member and Family Law Executive Committee
- Association of Trial Lawyers of New Jersey, Family Law Executive Committee
- Morris County Bar Association, Trustee, Officer and Family Law Section, 2021 President
- Northern New Jersey Family Law Inns of Court, Member
- Morris County Bar Association
- NJ Family Law Inns Of Court
- NJ State Bar Association
- NJ Trial Lawyers Association
Office location for Joseph P. Cadicina
36 Cattano Ave
Morristown, NJ 07960
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2006 - 2010