Mark R. Scirocco
Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Morristown, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Attorney Mark R. Scirocco is partner at Scirocco Law, PC, which has offices located in Morristown and Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey. A top-rated trial and appellate lawyer, Mr. Scirocco provides unmatched representation and support to clients throughout the state. He specializes in the following areas:
· Insurance defense
· Insurance coverage
· Construction defects
· Toxic torts
· Employment law
· Dram shop liability litigation
· Professional negligence
· Premises liability
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Scirocco has successfully handled complex, high-profile cases in state and federal courts across his region. He has argued and won at the Supreme Court of New Jersey as well as at the New Jersey Appellate Division, and has achieved a long record of securing favorable outcomes for clients.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Scirocco has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers. Along with being selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers list he has received designation as a "New Leader of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal and a "Trailblazer" in Insurance Law by the National Law Journal.
A 2010 graduate of Providence College, Mr. Scirocco obtained his Juris Doctor from George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School in 2013. He holds his license to practice in New Jersey and Virginia, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
While in law school, Mr. Scirocco served as symposium editor for the George Mason University Civil Rights Law Journal as well as general editor of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy, Thirty-First Annual National Student Symposium on Law and Public Policy (Vol. 36, No. 1). He was a member of the George Mason Supreme Court Clinic, and he won Best Oral Advocate in the Final Round of the Billings Exum & Frye National Moot Court Competition as well as Outstanding Advocate in the South Texas Mock Trial Challenge. He also received the Trial Advocacy Award from the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
About Mark R. Scirocco
First Admitted: 2013, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.sciroccoesq.com/attorney/mark-r-scirocco-esq/
- Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, 2022
- , Insurance Law Trailblazers, National Law Journal, 2021
- New Leader of the Bar, New Jersey Law Journal, 2020
- Estate of Narleski v. Gomes, 244 N.J. 199 (2020)
- Pareja v. Princeton Int'l Props., 246 N.J. 546 (2021)
- Estate of Narleski v. Gomes, 459 N.J. Super. 377, 2019
- Riva Pointe at Lincoln Harbor Condo. Ass'n v. Tishman Constr. Corp., 2020 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1142, 2020
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Providence College
- Analyzing the application and scope of the duty announced in 'Estate of Narleski v. Gomes' , Co-Author, Social Host Liability After 'Narleski', New Jersey Law Journal , 2020
- Is removal to federal court proper under the forum defendant rule?, Author, Diversity Jurisdiction and its Discontents: How Not to Use the Forum Defendant Rule, New Jersey Defense, 2021
- When Does One Drink Become One Too Many?, Author, Visible Intoxication and Civil Liability, New Jersey Law Journal, 2021
Pro bono/Community Service
- Appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to the District X Fee Arbitration Committee, 2022
- Morris County Bar Foundation: Trustee, 2022
Last Updated: 5/15/2022