Seth A. Abrams
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Morristown, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Seth has over a decade of experience representing large and small business in complex commercial matters in state and federal courts through New York and New Jersey. Seth also has significant experience handling estate litigation, real estate and construction disputes, professional liability matters, attorney ethics matters, insurance coverage matters, including drafting coverage opinions and handling coverage litigation, and general liability matters.
Some examples of Seth’s recent successes include obtaining a no-cause verdict on behalf of a large Monmouth county condominium association; obtaining a reversal on appeal of a novel insurance coverage issue; securing summary judgment on behalf of a commercial property owner in a property damage dispute; and obtaining a dismissal in a breach of contract matter in federal court.
Seth is a graduate of the University of Miami School of Law where he served as a Staff Editor for the International and Comparative Law Review. While in law school, Seth interned for the Hon. William C. Turnoff, U.S. Magistrate Judge and the Hon. Shelby Highsmith, U.S. District Judge, both of the Southern District of Florida.
Following law school, Seth clerked for the Hon. Catherine Langlois, P.J.Ch. in the Chancery Division, General Equity Part in the Morris/Sussex Vicinage.
Mr. Abrams has been named to the list of New Jersey Rising Stars for 2021. The Rising Stars list, compiled by Thomson Reuters, identifies attorneys who have been recognized by their peers for their professional accomplishments. Details on the methodology used for selection to this list can be found on the Super Lawyers website. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Very active in various professional and civic associations, Seth currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Hoboken Democratic Committee. Additionally, he recently completed a four-year term as a commissioner on Hoboken’s Historic Preservation Commission and is a former Barrister in the Brennan-Vanderbilt Inn of Court. Seth is also a recent graduate of the Anti-Defamation League’s Glass Leadership Institute, the cornerstone leadership development program for the Anti-Defamation League, an organization dedicated to the fight against hatred and bigotry.
About Seth A. Abrams
First Admitted: 2008, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://dmklawgroup.com/seth-abrams/
- Syracuse University, BA; cum laude, 2004
- United States District Court, District Court of New Jersey, 2008
- New York, 2008
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York, 2009
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2009
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals, 2012
- Presented the CLE lecture, "Creatively Using Motions in Limine" for National Business Institute, December 2019., Presenter, Creatively Using Motions in Limine, CLE's National Business Institute, 2019
- Presented the CLE lecture, "Pleadings, Briefs, and What to Expect When You Get to Court" for National Business Institute, December 2019., Presenter, Pleadings, Briefs, and What to Expect When You Get to Court, CLE's National Business Institute, 2019
- Secured insurance coverage for personal injury defendant in matter where carrier previously issued denial of coverage., 2019
- Obtained partial summary judgment on defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress claims., 2020
- Obtained a no cause verdict in a personal injury negligence case in Monmouth County Superior Court., 2020
- Obtained pre-answer dismissal in federal court contract dispute., 2020
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of commercial property owner in property damage dispute with commercial tenant., 2019
- Obtained reversal of summary judgment on appeal on novel insurance coverage issue involving interpretation of proprietary policy form., 2019
- Insurance companies, pre-paid wireless telecom companies, bottling companies, homeowners associations, condominium association, commercial property owners, plumbing contractors., 2020
- Insurance companies, pre-paid wireless telecom companies, bottling companies, homeowners associations, condominium association, commercial property owners, plumbing contractors, 2019
Pro bono/Community Service
- Serves on the Executive Committee of the Hoboken Democratic Committee., 2020
- A graduate of the Anti-Defamation League’s Glass Leadership Institute, the cornerstone leadership development program for the Anti-Defamation League, an organization dedicated to the fight against hatred and bigotry, 2018
- Completed a four-year term as a commissioner on Hoboken’s Historic Preservation Commission., 2018
- Hobokon Democratic Committeeperson, Elected, 2017 - Present, 2017
- Selected to the list of New Jersey Rising Stars for 2021., New Jersey Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2021
- Bottling Companies.
- Commercial Property Owners
- Condominiums/Homeowners Associations
Last Updated: 5/15/2022