Donald A. DiGioia
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Mountainside, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Attorney Donald A. DiGioia, of Donald A. DiGioia Law Group, PA, is recognized by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a certified civil and criminal trial attorney. He is one of approximately 50 lawyers in the entire State of New Jersey to have earned this certification in both areas of practice, among more than 90,000 licensed attorneys. It is recognition of his skill in the courtroom and the respect he has earned from clients and peers.
The law firm of Donald A. DiGioia Law Group, PA, in Mountainside, handles criminal defense, DWI/DUI, municipal court, and serious personal injury matters. Michael T. Simon, Esquire and Marc P. Schwartzbach, Esquire, practice with Mr. DiGioia in the law group.
Mr. DiGioia has devoted his practice exclusively to trial work since 1981. His more than 40 years of legal experience has honed his strategies and understanding of circumstances in a wide variety of civil and criminal cases.
Among his many achievements and awards, Mr. DiGioia continues to be recognized in the annual publication of The Best Lawyers in America in civil and criminal trial law areas. He is an active Past President of the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey (ACDL-NJ), a Master and Past President of the Richard J. Hughes Chapter of the American Inn of Court, and an Advocate in the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). Listed among the Top 100 Lawyers in the state of New Jersey by Super Lawyers in 2005, he is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Mr. DiGioia was named Professional Lawyer of the Year by the Union County Bar Association in 2004, and he received that honor again from the ACDL-NJ in 2010. Only a handful of attorneys in New Jersey history have received that award twice. In 2016 Mr. DiGioia was honored by the Union County Bar Association with The First Walter R. Barisonek Criminal Attorney of the Year Award, and in 2017 he received the Equal Justice Medal. On December 15, 2017, Mr. DiGioia was sworn in as the President of the Union County Bar Association.
Mr. DiGioia and the attorneys in his firm stand ready to defend persons accused of crime throughout the state, as well as in the municipal courts and the federal courts. Also, the firm handles personal injury cases on behalf of the seriously injured.
- 70%Criminal Defense
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023
About Donald A. DiGioia
First Admitted: 1976, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.certifiedtriallawyers.com/attorney-profiles/attor...
- Special Ethics Master, New Jersey Supreme Court, 1998 - Present
- Union County Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointment Committee
- Chairman, District XII, 1997 - 1998
- Vice President, Union County Bar Association
- District XII Ethics Committee for Union County, 1995 - 1998
- Supreme Court Criminal Practice Committee
- President, Union County Bar Association , 2018
- Board of Governors, ATLA-NJ, 1993 - 1996
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The First Walter R. Barisonek Criminal Attorney of the Year Award, Union County Bar Association , 2016
- Professional Lawyer of the Year Award, Union County Bar Association, 2004
- Professional Lawyer of the Year Award - ACDL-NJ 2010
- Equal Justice Medal , 2017
- Listed among the Top 100 Lawyers in the state of New Jersey by Super Lawyers in 2005
- The Best Lawyers in America - 2015 Edition
- Lecturer, Trial Advocacy Topics, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE), 1995 - Present
- Adjunct Professor, Trial Topics, Seton Hall University School of Law, 1997 - 2000
- Criminal Law Topics, Union County Bar Association
- Co-Author, New Jersey Trial and Evidence, ICLE, 2003 and 2009
- New Jersey Law of Personal Injury, New Jersey Law Journal Books, 2008
- St. Peter's College
- Certified Criminal Trial Attorney, New Jersey Supreme Court, 1986
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney, New Jersey Supreme Court, 1982
- $1,000,000.00 settlement on behalf of Plaintiffs in a federal civil rights claim alleging unlawful entry into a premises in violation of the Fourth Amendment, the use of excessive force, etc., 2015
Last Updated: 10/3/2022