Kevin M. Costello
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Mount Laurel, NJ
Selected to Rising Stars: 2006
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Throughout his decades-long career, Kevin M. Costello has been committed to advocating for people who have been wronged. He founded Costello & Mains, LLC, to protect the rights of those across New Jersey, including in Mount Laurel, who have suffered a personal injury, a civil rights violation or an abusive practice in violation of employment laws.
The Supreme Court of New Jersey has certified Mr. Costello as a civil trial attorney, and he takes his job seriously. His experience includes serving as part of the amicus counsel in an equal marriage rights matter, holding negligent defendants accountable for the damages they cause and exposing wrongdoing in the workplace.
For his commitment to justice, Mr. Costello has earned accolades such as Garden State Equality’s Champion of Equality award; a BV Distinguished rating* from Martindale-Hubbell; the Southern Burlington County branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People’s Roosevelt Nesmith Civil Rights Award; and recognition in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. Due to the top-dollar verdicts and settlements he has secured, Mr. Costello is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
In addition to his practice, Mr. Costello is active with groups including the New Jersey Association for Justice, the American Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. A published author, he has taught continuing legal education programs; lectured frequently to professional, business and community organizations; and shared his opinion on current events with local and national media outlets.
In 1988, Mr. Costello graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in political science from Brandeis University. He then earned a Juris Doctor in 1991 from Suffolk University Law School, where he was part of the school’s law review. He made the dean’s list at both institutions.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
- 90%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2006
Certificates and Credentials
- New Jersey Board on Attorney Certification
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
About Kevin M. Costello
First Admitted: 1991, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.costellomains.com/Bio/KevinCostello.asp
- Super Lawyer, 2005 - 2014
- “BV Distinguished Peer Rating” by Martindale-Hubbell, 2001 - 2014
- “Top Lawyer Under Forty” by Super Lawyer 2006
- “Top Attorney in New Jersey” by New Jersey Monthly, 2010 - 2013
- Champion of Equality, Garden State Equality Advocacy Organization
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” by the American Trial Association, 2010 - 2013
- “Top 100 Litigators in NJ” by the American Society of Legal Advocates, 2013 and 2014
- American Bar Association
- Chairman Of The Boardwalk Seminar Employment Litigation Education Program
- Chairman Of The Employment And Labor Section Of The NJAJ
- Chairman Of The Meadowlands Employment Litigation Educational Program
- Former Chair Of The Employment And Labor And Personal Injury Committees Of The Camden County Bar Ass
- Former Vice Chair Of The LGBT Rights Committee Of The New Jersey State Bar Association Member Of The
- Member Of The Bar Of The United States Court Of Appeals For The Third Circuit
- Member Of The Bar Of The United States District Court For The District Of New Jersey
- Member Of The Board Of Governors Of New Jersey Association For Justice
- Member Of The National Association For Justice
- U.S. Soccer Federation settles over unequal pay claims https://t.co/T3cchYrGsI
- Can your employer fire you after you attempt suicide? https://t.co/Wc3DTvJIgq
- 3 reasons why employees fail to report workplace harassment https://t.co/8iqGgFHear
- Client Testimonial!!!! Five Star Review on Google!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ https://t.co/4wxV8a8Ji4 (856) 727-9700… https://t.co/uqMI4rB4CI
- Examining “reasonable” employee accommodation in the workplace https://t.co/eXHtHTDO7b
Last Updated: 6/7/2022