Top rated criminal defense attorney in New Brunswick, New JerseyJack Venturi Law
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, White collar crimes, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1975
Education: New York University School of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Jack Venturi is the sole practitioner at his law firm Jack Venturi Law, located in New Brunswick, New Jersey. He serves his clients with legal matters including criminal defense, domestic violence, child abuse, neglect charges, personal injury and family law. His practice extends to the counties of Middlesex, Somerset, Hunterdon, Monmouth and Ocean in New Jersey.
Throughout his legal career of almost 47 years, Mr. Venturi has defended clients in several high-profile cases involving serious charges such as murder and sexual assault. He has helped clients to have drug charges dismissed or reduced and has successfully defended clients in death penalty cases. He also has experience handling cases related to theft, drug abuse, assault, driving under the influence and more.
Mr. Venturi graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor’s degree from the University of Connecticut in 1972. He went on to study law at the New York University School of Law, which he completed in 1975.
Licensed to practice in New Jersey, Mr. Venturi is authorized to appear before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. He has been certified as a criminal trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 1985.
Mr. Venturi is regularly listed among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New Jersey by The National Trial Lawyers. Strathmore's Who's Who named him "Professional of the Year" in criminal defense in 2007. He was the recipient of the Middlesex County Bar Association Criminal Trial Practice Award in 2015 and 2016. With a “Superb” rating on Avvo, he is also rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell.
Recognizing his experience and accomplishments, professional organizations frequently call on Mr. Venturi to speak on criminal defense topics. He has lectured on a variety of subjects such as criminal trial preparation and cross-examination of expert witnesses for organizations including the New Jersey Office of the Public Defender and the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: white collar, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Family law, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Assault & battery, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Murder, Sex offenses, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, White collar crime, DUI/DWI, Child support, Personal injury - plaintiff
- 50% Criminal defense
- 20% Criminal defense: white collar
- 10% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Family law
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1975, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.jackventurilaw.com/attorney/venturi-jack-esq/
- Lecture, Criminal Trial Preparation, Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Lecture, Super Saturday Annual Seminars Trial Dynamics, Confession Cases, Drug Defenses, Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- Lecture, Cross Examining Expert Witnesses, New Jersey Public Defender’s Office Continuing Education
- Criminal Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1985
- University of Connecticut, Honors: summa cum laude, 1972
- State v. Horvath – Acquitted School Teacher
- State v. Police Officer S.G.
- State of NJ v. Michael Behn – Death Penalty and Life Sentence reversed on appeal
- Cecil v. Linden 360,000 Verdict
- St. v. Vasil Kovalcik – Child Molesting, Acquitted
- State v. Waldie – – Acquitted N.J. St. Trooper
- St. v. Davis Lopez – Murder Hung Jury
- State v. Lafond
- State v. Bright – Case Dismissed Drugs
- State of NJ v. Richard Chippero – Death Penalty Case, acquitted Rape
- State v. James Hall – Acquitted Murder
- St v. Shakime Saunders – 1st degree drug distribution, plea to simple Possession, Sentence to Intensive Parole
- State v. Moscaritolo – PTT Police Officer
- St. v. Mike Martinez – Murder Hung Jury
- State v. Chippero
- State v. Kirk – Acquitted Murder
- State v. Yates
- St. v. Wason Brockington – Murder Aquitted
- Brizak v. Ford Motor Co. – 625000 Verdict
- St. v. Rene Logan – 144 counts of embezzlement and fraud. Plea bargain, 3 counts, sentenced probation
- State v. Jiminez
- State v. Behn
- Trial Lawyers College, 2009
- N.J. Law Journal Award for Lawyer of the Year, 2009
- Middlesex County Bar Association Criminal Trial Practice Award, 2016
- Martindale Hubbell’s Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards Reflecting the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary, 2016
- Criminal Trial Practice Attorney of the Year, Middlesex County Bar Association, 2015
- Middlesex County Bar Association Criminal Trial Practice Award, 2015
- 10 Leaders of Criminal Defense Law, 2005 – Present
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who Professional of the Year, Criminal Defense, 2007
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers in NJ, 2007 – Present
- Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, 2007-Present
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, Board of Governors
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1981
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Life Member
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1975
- National College of Criminal Defense, Graduate, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2007 to Present
- New Jersey, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
Office location for Jack Venturi
53 Paterson Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023