Philip D. Neuer
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Newark, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Philip D. Neuer has an excellent track record of guiding clients through complex transactions and legal battles. At Neuer Law in Newark, New Jersey, he provides representation to clients throughout the surrounding metropolitan area, as well as New York City. He has spent his long career practicing commercial real estate law, and he has the credentials to handle commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution. He is admitted to practice before all New Jersey state courts, as well as before the Supreme Court of the United States and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit. A qualified mediator. Mr. Neuer manages complex tasks such as resolving lease disputes or coordinating activities among financial institutions, buyers and sellers.
Mr. Neuer's individual and business clients turn to him for lease negotiations and other commercial real estate transactions. He has worked with both large corporations and small businesses on every aspect from startup to expansion to dispute resolution. He has contributed substantive educational materials for commercial real estate professionals. He ran the education division of NACORE International from 1998 to 2001, and he taught many courses for NACORE and CoreNet Global. Classes taught by him covered subjects such as corporate real estate negotiation, office leasing, retail leasing, financing and the art of negotiation. He continues to serve as an adjunct professor at the NYU Graduate School of Real Estate - The Schack Institute [for over 15 years] and the Rutgers Law School/Newark. Mr. Neuer is also an executive officer and general counsel for a group of textile manufacturing companies.
Mr. Neuer graduated from Seton Hall University School of Law in 1976 with a Juris Doctor. He also served in the U.S. Navy and was honorably discharged. Highly regarded by his fellow professionals, Mr. Neuer has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell for the past forty years.
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Real Estate: Business
- 10%Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Land Use/Zoning
Landlord/Tenant, Mortgage & Refinance, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business Organizations, Arbitration, Mediation
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2022
About Philip D. Neuer
First Admitted: 1976, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.neuer-law.com/philip-d-neuer
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors [now, Trustees], Crown View Manor I Condominium Association, Inc.
- Chairperson and Member, Zoning Board of Adjustment for the Township of West Orange, New Jersey
- Mediator, Essex County Chancery Early Settlement Program
- President, Institute for Corporate Real Estate ([email protected]), the education division of NACORE, October, 1998 - December 31, 2001
- Past President, New Jersey Chapter of NACORE
- Immediate Past President, CoreNet Global, New Jersey Chapter
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Member, MENSA
- Board of Directors, NACORE International, 1994 - 2002
- Course Leader and Faculty Member, Institute and CoreNet Learning courses [Advanced Corporate Real Estate Negotiation, Advanced Office Leasing, Advanced Retail Leasing, Real Estate Financing, etc.]
- Speaker, NACORE International Symposiums in Tampa, Florida, 1996
- Speaker, NACORE International Symposiums in Chicago, Illinois, 1998
- Adjunct Faculty Member, New York University, Graduate School of Continuing and Professional Studies, The Shack Institute for Real Estate
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Rutgers University School of Law, Newark
- Charter Member of the Editorial Board, The Journal of Corporate Real Estate [published in Great Britain as the only fully refereed publication for the corporate real estate profession]
- Contributing Author, Institute collection of works entitled Core Readings in Corporate Real Estate
- Recognized as a top-rated faculty member for every year that he served on the faculty, 1994 through 2004
- Top-rated speaker at the NACORE International Symposiums in Tampa, Florida  and in Chicago, Illinois 
- Recognized by NACORE as its Associate Member of the Year at the Annual Symposium held in Chicago, June, 1993
- Sailor of the Year at the Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Lexington Park, Maryland and by the Commander, Fleet Air Wings, U.S. Atlantic Fleet [from Maine to Florida]
- Received the George J. Fiore Award, as the NACORE Corporate Real Estate Executive of the Year for New Jersey, December, 1993
- Received recognition as one of the Outstanding Young Men in America
- Who's Who
- Institute for Corporate Real Estate Hall of Fame; New Jersey Corporate Real Estate Executive of the Year, NACORE International, 1993
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Achieved designation as Master of Corporate Real Estate by NACORE/CoreNet Global
- Designated by the Superior Court of New Jersey as a Qualified Mediator and as a Mediator Mentor
- Celebrity chefs Douglas Rodriguez, David Burke and Jose Garces
- CKA Management [numerous fast food franchise operator]
- MONY Real Estate
- Planned Building Services, Inc.
- Kajima Development Corp.
- Cogswell Realty Group
- The Thomas A. Edison Invention Factory & Commerce Center
- Jaclyn, Inc.
- WindMill Franchise Corp.
- Amor Realty Co., L.P
- Trammell Crow
- Chanel, Inc
- The Baruch School of Business and Public Administration [now, Baruch College], City College of New York, B.B.A., 1968
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate
Last Updated: 5/15/2022