Ellen F. Schwartz
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in North Brunswick, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
- Free Consultation
A partner at Ramatowski & Schwartz, Ellen F. Schwartz focuses her practice exclusively on family law matters. Based in East Brunswick, New Jersey, she provides advice and counsel to clients throughout Middlesex County and surrounding areas. Admitted to practice in New Jersey since 1985, Ms. Schwartz is also admitted to practice in Pennsylvania as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Most of Ms. Schwartz's clients are people who are facing the end of their marriages and who are thus dealing with such related issues as property division, child custody and visitation, and spousal and child support. A forceful courtroom advocate when litigation is necessary, her experience in mediation and arbitration allows her to help those clients who wish to avoid the uncertainty and publicity of a trial. In addition to her divorce practice, Ms. Schwartz has represented victims of domestic violence who are petitioning for a protective order, and she helps people whose marriages have already been legally dissolved and who are now seeking modifications to or the enforcement of existing support and parenting orders. Her approach to matters of sensitive nature has earned her the recognition of her colleagues, including a Distinguished* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Schwartz majored in political science at Dickinson College as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1982. She then went on to attend Seton Hall University School of Law, and in 1985, she was awarded her Juris Doctor. Ms. Schwartz is a member of the Family Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association and other professional groups.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Ellen F. Schwartz
First Admitted: 1985, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.eastbrunswickfamilylaw.com/attorney-profiles/ell...
- Lecturer for New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Early Settlement Panel, Middlesex County, 1991-present
- Middlesex County Family Part Courthouse Committee
- Supreme Court District VIII Ethics Committee, 2003-present
- Supreme Court District VIII Fee Arbitration Committee, 1992-1996
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- Member, Early Settlement Panel, Essex County, 1986-1987
- Middlesex County Bar Association (President 2014-2015)
- Middlesex County Bar Foundation (Trustee, 2008-2011)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit, 1990
- United States Supreme Court, 2010
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1985
- New Jersey, 1985
- Pennsylvania, 1985
- Received the Edward Schoifet Award for professionalism and service to the bar from Middlesex County Bar Association, 2017
- Began serving on the District VIII Ethics Committee. Served a four-year regular term. Currently serve as a recall member., 2002
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Attorney, Middlesex County Legal Services Corporation
- BV® Distinguished Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Qualified Family Law Mediator, pursuant to Rule 1:40
- Dickinson College - Bachelor of Arts; Political Science, 1982
Last Updated: 5/15/2022