Andrew F. Garruto
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Nutley, New JerseyGarruto Law Group, Attorneys at Law
Practice Areas: Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1991
Education: Widener University – Delaware Law School
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
From the law office of Garruto Law Group in Nutley, New Jersey, Andrew F. Garruto serves his clients with dedication to their cause and provides deft representation in personal injury matters ranging from motor vehicle collisions, bus accidents, severe burns, spinal cord injuries and traumatic head injuries to animal attacks, slip-and-fall, whiplash, inadequate security and wrongful death. He advocates for victims throughout Essex County and the surrounding areas.
With over 30 years of experience, Mr. Garruto is unphased in his mission to get his clients the compensation they deserve for the pain and suffering they’ve had to endure due to an injury caused by no fault of their own. His tireless work ethic and his meticulous attention to detail ensure his clients that no bit of information falls through the cracks and that they get the full brute force of his legal talents throughout the life cycle of their case.
A 1987 B.A. degree graduate of Rutgers University, Mr. Garruto went on to enroll straight away at the Widener University Delaware Law School, where he successfully ran for president of the Student Bar Association and served as a student lawyer at the Delaware Civil Clinic, as well as being the recipient of the Outstanding Service Award. He received his Juris Doctor in 1990 and, a year later, obtained his license to practice in New Jersey. In addition, he is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, the United States Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Since his introduction to the New Jersey legal field, Mr. Garruto has gained the adulation of peers and prestigious organizations alike for his judiciousness and general attitude in working with his clients. He has won a sizeable majority of all the cases he has handled and has been invited to be a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Moreover, he was awarded the Mille Grazie Award by UNICO National – Belleville Chapter and holds a perfect “10.0” rating on Avvo, as well as the site’s Client’s Choice Award for the plethora of positive client testimonials he has received.
Within his legal community, Mr. Garruto holds close affiliations with organizations such as the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New Jersey Association for Justice, the Essex County Bar Association and the Nutley Lawyers Club. Within his locality, Mr. Garruto is the Vice President of the Nutley Chamber of Commerce, Treasurer of the Nutley Jaycees, trustee of the Parkside Apartments, former trustee of the American Red Cross and of the Nutley Family Service Bureau, member of the Nutley Elks and Nutley UNICO, founder and former President of the Nutley Lawyers Club and current Membership Chair.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dram Shop Laws, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1991, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://garrutolaw.com/attorneys-profiles/andrew-f-garruto/
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life member
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine's, "Top 100 Lawyers in New Jersey"
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
- United States Supreme Court
- President/Founder, Nutley Lawyers Club
- United States Federal District Court
- Member, National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- New Jersey Supreme Court
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member
- Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney.
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Participating Attorney for Trial Lawyers Care, and numerous and ongoing pro bono representations throughout my career, 2002
- NJ Association For Justice
- Nutley Lawyers Club
Office location for Andrew F. Garruto
609 Franklin Avenue
Nutley, NJ 07110
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2020, 2024
Top ListsTop 100: New Jersey Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2019
- Top 100: 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2012 New Jersey Super Lawyers
Certificates and credentials
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney