Todd M. Galante
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Nutley, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Attorney Todd M. Galante is a principal attorney at Piro Zinna Cifelli Paris & Genitempo, LLC in Nutley, New Jersey. Mr. Galante focuses his practice on bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, debtor non-dischargeability actions, consumer fraud, complex commercial, business, and employment litigation, and complex mediation/arbitration matters where he serves as the mediator or arbitrator.
Mr. Galante has more than 35 years of experience. Over the course of his career, he has handled cases involving multi-million dollar commercial loan restructurings/workouts and related litigation, business breakups, foreclosure, construction/surety litigation, contract, and corporate litigation, restrictive covenants, commercial landlord/tenant, employment and discrimination actions, fraud, embezzlement, franchise, professional malpractice, and other litigation.
In honor of his accomplishments, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Galante an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and “The Best Lawyers in America” listed him in their publication multiple years in a row.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Galante has been an adjunct professor at Rutgers University - Newark for the last 10 years teaching politics and law. He is a former adjunct professor of Seton Hall University Law School. He has written and spoken on numerous legal topics for various publications and organizations. He has held public office, served on several business, non-profit and charitable organization advisory boards, and served in leadership positions throughout his career.
Giving back to the community is very important to Mr. Galante. Both he and his wife have mentored college students, established several endowed scholarships, and otherwise support their community and those in need. Mr. Galante has been a member of the CIANJ Board of Directors for several years, Former Chairperson of the Salvation Army Morristown Corps Advisory Board, Member of the SHLS Board of Visitors, Member of the Rutgers University - Newark Dean's Cabinet, member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, and NJSBA Equity Jurisprudence Committee, the American Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute and the American Association for Justice.
Mr. Galante graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University and earned his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law. After receiving his license to practice law in NJ in 1986, he was admitted to appear and practice before numerous other federal trial and appellate courts, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court. He has practiced in various courts throughout the US and also engaged in proceedings/matters and/or represented clients in Europe and India. (THIS LISTING IS AN ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT)
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 20%Bankruptcy: Business
- 20%Consumer Law
- 20%General Litigation
- 10%Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
- 10%Employment Litigation: Defense
- 10%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Bankruptcy Law, Auto Dealer Fraud, Consumer Protection, Fraud, Lemon Law, Collections, Foreclosure, Loan Modifications, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2015, 2018 - 2022
About Todd M. Galante
First Admitted: 1986, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.pirozinnalaw.com/Attorneys/Todd-M-Galante.shtml
Pro bono/Community Service
- Served as Chairman of The Salvation Army Morristown Corps Advisory Board, 95 Spring Street, Morristown, NJ 07960
- Rutgers University – Newark College of Arts & Sciences Dean’s Cabinet
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Board of Visitors
- The American Bankruptcy Institute
- Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey, Co-Chair of the Financial & Business Strategies Forum
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- The American Trial Lawyers Association (Commercial & Bankruptcy Law Committees)
- The New Jersey State Bar Association
- The American Bar Association
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- New Jersey, 1986
- Rutgers Newark - College of Arts and Sciences, Newark NJ. B.A. Political Science, Cum Laude. Lifetime member Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science National Honor Society. , 1983
- Certified Mediator, Mediator Mentor and Arbitrator for several consecutive years. NJ Superior Court and United States Bankruptcy Court Rosters, as well as Private Mediation/Arbitration., 2000
- Recipient of The Rutgers University – Newark, College of Arts and Sciences, Distinguished Alumni Service Award , 2014
- Top Lawyers, 2008 - 2020 (Peer Review), 2008
- Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Best Lawyers in America, 2009 - 2020 (Peer Review), 2009
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2009-2015 & 2018-2020 (Peer Review), 2009
- America's Most Honored Professionals - Top 1% (2016-2020), 2016
- Recipient of the 2018 Congressman Peter Rodino, Jr. Lifetime Achievement and Humanitarian of the Year Award. The Peter W. Rodino Jr. Society holds an annual banquet to honor legal professionals and community trailblazers. The Rodino Society's mission is to uphold the legacy of Congressman Rodino by promoting and supporting the endeavors of attorneys and judges while celebrating Italian-American heritage., 2018 Congressman Peter Rodino, Jr. Lifetime Achievement and Humanitarian of the Year Award, Seton Hall Univ. Law School - Congressman Peter Rodino Jr. Society, 2018
- AV Peer Review Rating in Martindale Hubbell
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Serving as Board Member - Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey (2017 thru Present); also serving as Chairman, Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey Financial & Business Strategies Forum (2016 thru Present)., 2018
- Bankruptcy/Creditors' Rights
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction/Surety Law & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Franchise Law
- Municipal Government Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022