Brian P. Latimer
Top rated Family Law attorney in Oakhurst, New JerseyLaw Office of Brian P. Latimer Esq., LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1988
Education: New York Law School
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Brian P. Latimer has dedicated his 35-year career exclusively to the practice of family law and related matters, including but not limited to:
- Child custody
- Child support
- Equitable Distribution / division of property
- Spousal Support and maintenance
- Post judgment modification and/or enforcement
A fervent advocate for his clients, Mr. Latimer approaches each matter focused on finding creative, realistic solutions to the emotional and often complicated matters inherent in family law. His mastery of the law makes for efficient, smart representation, whether he is in or outside of the court room negotiating on behalf of his clients. Mr. Latimer strives to minimize anxiety for clients and provides a clear roadmap of the process, prompt communication, and a balanced nuanced approach while actively protecting his client’s rights and assets. While going through a divorce is no picnic, Brian makes the process as seamless as possible for all his clients.
A graduate of Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, Mr. Latimer majored in political science and obtained his Bachelor’s degree in 1985. He earned his Juris Doctor from New York Law School in 1988 and was admitted to the New Jersey State Bar in the same year. Soon after graduating, Mr. Latimer served as a law clerk to the late Honorable James A. Kennedy, J.S.C. before joining one of Monmouth County’s preeminent family law firms where he was a partner for more than 20 years. He founded his solo law firm, The Law Office of Brian P. Latimer, Esq., LLC, in 2012.
Mr. Latimer’s commitment and professionalism are well-appreciated by his peers, evidenced by his peer-review rating of Distinguished* through Martindale-Hubbell. He was voted as one of the Ten Leaders of Matrimonial & Divorce Law Age 45 & Under by Digital Press International. Mr. Latimer also received the Appreciation Award for Outstanding Service from the Women’s Center of Monmouth County on three separate occasions. Active in the state’s legal community, Mr. Latimer has held leadership positions with The Monmouth County Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Marital Property
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1988, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://brianplatimerlaw.com/attorney-profile/
- Past Member of the Monmouth County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Past Member of the State Executive Committee of the Young Lawyers Division
- Co-Chair Family Law Committee Monmouth County Bar Association 2009-2011
- NJ Bar Association 1988 - Present
- Member - Monmouth County Domestic Violence Working Group 1989-Present
- Chair - Early Settlement Panel - Monmouth County Bar Association 2007-2009
- Monmouth County Bar Association 1988 - Present
- Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA, B.A. in Political Science, 1985
- I provided pro-bono legal services to victims of domestic violence and was honored to be recognized for my efforts. , Dedicated Volunteer Service, Women's Center of Monmouth County, 1991
- New Jersey’s Best Lawyers for Families by New Jersey Family Magazine, 2018
- Super Lawyer, 2012
- Published case: Brzozowski v. Brzozowski, 265 N.J. Super 141 (Ch. Div. 1993) cited in Pascale v. Pascale, 140 N.J. 583 (1995), 1995
- Published case: Reid v. Reid, 310 N.J. Super 12 (App. Div. 1998) cert. denied 154 N.J. 608, 1998
- Published case: Wass v. Wass, 311 N.J. Super 624 (Ch. Div. 1998), 1998
- Appreciation Award for Outstanding Service - Women's Center of Monmouth County where I assisted victims of domestic violence with the legal aspects of their situation. , 1999
- New Jersey State Bar Association; Monmouth County Bar Association
Office location for Brian P. Latimer
725 Carol Ave
Oakhurst, NJ 07755
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2024