William I. Strasser
Top rated business litigation attorney in Paramus, New JerseyStrasser & Associates, PC
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Banking, Estate & trust litigation view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1974
Education: Seton Hall University School of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Attorney William I. Strasser is the Principal at Strasser & Associates, P.C., in Paramus, New Jersey. Mr. Strasser focuses his practice on Business Litigation, Estate and Trust Litigation,Real Estate Business, and Banking, serving clients in Bergen and Passaic counties and throughout northern New Jersey. He represents a wide range of clients including individuals, corporations, developers, lenders and investors.
Mr. Strasser has more than 45 years of legal experience. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York and before several Federal Courts, including the Supreme Court of the United States. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Seton Hall University and received his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law.
Before founding Strasser & Associates, P.C., Mr. Strasser spent 20 years as a managing partner of a private New Jersey-based firm. He opened Strasser & Associates, P.C., in 1994.
Over the course of his career Mr. Strasser has held several leadership positions. He is a former vice president of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s New Jersey chapter and has served on the board of advisors of Seton Hall University and the board of directors of Greater Community Bank. He sits on the board of Bergen Commercial Bank and Seton Hall University Stillman School of Business, Center for Entrepreneurial Studies.
In addition, Mr. Strasser is a member and trustee of the Bergen County Bar Association and belongs to the New Jersey State Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. Over the years, he has authored articles and lectured for continuing legal education publications and seminars.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Banking, Estate & trust litigation, Real estate: business
- 50% Business litigation
- 20% Banking
- 20% Estate & trust litigation
- 10% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1974, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://strasserlaw.com/lawyer/William-I.-Strasser_cp14575.ht...
- New Jersey Bar, 1974 US Supreme Court, 1980 New York State Bar 1983 US District Court, District of NJ, 1984 US Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1986 US Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1998 US District Court, Southern District of New York, 2000 US Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2002 US District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2004
- State of New Jersey Commission on Legal and Ethical Problems in the Delivery of Health Care, Member, 1986
- Seton Hall University, Former Board of Advisors
- Leukemia Society of New Jersey, Former Vice President
- Greater Community Bank, Former Board of Directors
- National Football League Players Association, Contract Advisor and Member, 1988-1994
- Bergen Commercial Bank, Board of Directors
- Seton Hall University Stillman School of Business, Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, Board of Advisors
- Co-Author, “Medical Treatment Law,” New Jersey Institute for Continuing Education in Cooperation with American College of Physicians and Surgeons, New Jersey Chapter, 1988
- Contributor, “By No Extraordinary Means, The Choice to Forego Life-Sustaining Food and Water,” Lynn Indiana University Press, 1986
- Guest Lecturer, Guardianships and Medical Treatment Law, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 1986-1988
- Seton Hall University, B.A., 1971
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1998
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, General Equity Committee, Co-Chair, 2013-2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, District IIA Ethics Committee, Chairman, 2015-2016
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, Trustee, 2014-Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1984
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2000
- New Jersey, 1974
- New York, 1983
Office location for William I. Strasser
7 East Ridgewood Avenue
Paramus, NJ 07652
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2013, 2015 - 2017, 2019 - 2023