Scott M. Wilhelm
Top rated DUI-DWI attorney in Phillipsburg, New JerseyWinegar Wilhelm Glynn & Roemersma, P.C.
Practice Areas: DUI-DWI, Bankruptcy, Criminal Defense; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1995
Education: Villanova University School of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Winegar Wilhelm Glynn & Roemersma, P.C.305 Roseberry Street
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865 Visit website
Scott M. Wilhelm is the managing partner of Winegar, Wilhelm, Glynn & Roemersma, P.C., in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and Phillipsburg, New Jersey. He serves clients across Warren, Hunterdon, Somerset, Northampton County, Lehigh Valley, and North and Central Jersey. His practice areas are focused on:
- Criminal defense
- Personal injury law
- Bankruptcy law
- Family law
- Real estate
- Civil litigation
- Workers' compensation
- Social Security Disability Insurance
Certified as a Municipal Court Law Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, Mr. Wilhelm is admitted to practice before all the state courts of New Jersey and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He is also allowed to appear before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Wilhelm obtained his law degree from the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law in 1995 and was licensed to practice law the same year. Prior to that, he earned his bachelor’s in political science magna cum laude from the Moravian University in 1992. With a passion for the legal system from a very young age, he grew to appreciate intellectually challenging cases and enjoy the adversarial process that comes with it.
With more than 25 years of experience in the legal field, Mr. Wilhelm continues to serve as a Municipal Public Defender, representing indigent defendants in various New Jersey Municipal Courts. His pro bono activities include serving as the Warren County coordinator of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s High School Mock Trial Competition. He is also an active member of the Volunteer Women's Center and the Holland Township governing body.
Maintaining affiliations with prominent associations across the region, Mr. Wilhelm is a member of The Federalist Society, the Bar Association of Lehigh County, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He has been peer-reviewed as Martindale-Hubbell Notable* and he holds a 10 out of 10 rating on Avvo, for his knowledge of the law and dedication toward his clients.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Bankruptcy: Business, Criminal Defense, Family Law, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Workers' Compensation: Employer/Insurance
Bankruptcy Law, Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- 50% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Bankruptcy: Business
- 10% Criminal Defense
- 10% Family Law
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Workers' Compensation: Employer/Insurance
First Admitted: 1995, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.wwgrlaw.com/attorney/scott-m-wilhelm/
- New Jersey Supreme Court Fee Arbitration Committee, 2017 - 2019
- Holland Township Governing Body, 2017 - Present
- Volunteer Women's Center, 1998 - Present
- Warren County Coordinator of State Bar Association High School Mock Trial Competition, 1997 - Present
- New Jersey Supreme Court District XIII Ethics Committee, 2014 - 2018
- Superior Quartz Products, Inc.
- Alpha Lehigh Tool Company, Inc.
- Town of Phillipsburg Land Use Board
- Moravian College, Bethlehem, PAB.A., Honors: magna cum laude, Honors: With Honors, Honors: Dean's List Every Semester, Honors: Honors Thesis, Major: Political Science, 1992
- New Jersey, 1995
- Adjunct Instructor, Warren County Community College, 2001-2003, 2005
- Member, Hunterdon County Republican Committee, 2011- Present
- Member, Holland Township Planning Board, 2020- Present
- Member, Holland Township Committee, 2017- Present
- Member, Federalist Society
- Warren County Coordinator, New Jersey State Bar Foundation Mock Trial Competition, 1997- Present
- CLE Presenter for WCBA, HCBA, NCBA and BALC
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- Member, Lehigh County Bar Association
- Member & Board of Governors (2014-2020), Northampton County Bar Association
- Member & President (2021-2022), Hunterdon County Bar Association
- Member & President (2007-2008), Warren County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court District XIII Fee Arbitration Committee, 2017-2019
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court District XIII Ethics Committee, 2014-2018
- Arbitrator, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2014- Present
- Arbitrator, Northampton County Court of Common Pleas, 2013-Present
- New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Municipal Court Law Attorney, 2014 – Present
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2010
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1995
- Pennsylvania, 1995
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Municipal Court Law Attorney, 2014-Present
Office location for Scott M. Wilhelm
305 Roseberry Street
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023