Ayesha K. Hamilton
Top rated employment litigation attorney in Princeton, New JerseyHamilton Law Firm PC
Practice Areas: Employment litigation, Employment & labor, Business & corporate; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1999
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Focusing her practice on employment law and business law matters, Ayesha K. Hamilton of the Hamilton Law Firm PC located in Princeton, New Jersey, has more than 22 years of experience in the legal field. Serving clients throughout Mercer County and the surrounding Central New Jersey counties, she is passionate about fighting for the rights of her clients. She represents her clients in negotiations and at all phases of litigation and at trial. Ms. Hamilton also provides pre-termination guidance, advice and counsel to clients while they are still employed to help them navigate their workplace issues.
Ms. Hamilton has gained a reputation for her dedicated representation of employees who have been discriminated against, wrongfully terminated or harassed. She represents both employees and employers in varying disputes both inside and outside the courtroom and also offers in-house counsel services to businesses. She is a tireless advocate for each one of her clients and handles all cases efficiently. The Team at the Hamilton Law Firm provides attentive and responsive representation in all steps of your case.
With a major in political science and history and a minor in English, Ms. Hamilton has a bachelor’s degree from the Case Western Reserve University. She obtained her Juris Doctor from the Case Western Reserve University School of Law.
Ms. Hamilton is admitted to practice law in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York, and before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Ms. Hamilton currently serves on the Board of Trustees for the NJ State Bar Association and the Mercer County Bar Association. Ms. Hamilton is the secretary of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Women in the Profession Section and is the past Chair of the Solo Small Firm Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. She is also an active member of the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) and the New Jersey Association of Justice (NJAJ). Ms. Hamilton also serves on the New Jersey Supreme Court District Ethics Committee, conducting investigations of grievances filed against attorneys by their clients.
An ardent speaker, Ms. Hamilton has spoken at numerous legal seminars and continuing legal education platforms, including at the New Jersey State Bar Association and the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education. She has authored and published “Employment Law for Employees: Practical Tips on How to Protect Yourself in the Work Place and On Your Way Out” and various other articles for the NJ State Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
In 2022, Ms. Hamilton was appointed to serve as a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, a select group of less than 1% of licensed attorneys in the United States.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employer, Business/corporate, Civil rights
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employee, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Business formation and planning, Business organizations, Race discrimination, Discrimination
- 50% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 30% Employment & labor: employer
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Civil rights
First Admitted: 1999, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.ayeshahamiltonlaw.com/attorney/hamilton-ayesha-k...
- Mid Level and Senior Executives, Large and Small Corporations
- Faculty and Administrators in Educational Institutions
- Representing senior level management and c-suite employees in their claims against the company, negotiating separation packages, employment agreements, negotiating equity pay-outs, restrictive covenants such as non-competes, non-disparagement and confidentiality agreements.
- Physicians/Dental/Medical services Practices Law Firms Individuals (managers, directors, senior management) from the pharmaceutical and construction industries, financial services firms, restaurants, correctional facilities
- Awarded the 2013 Member of the Year Award, The Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- In 2021, Ayesha was awarded the prestigious State Bar Association's Solo Small Firm Section Practitioner of the Year Award for her commitment and dedication to the advocacy of issues affecting New Jersey small firm owners and practitioners. , NJSBA Solo Small Firm Section Practitioner of the Year, New Jersey State Bar Association Solo Small Firm Section, 2021
- Certified by WBENC, Woman Business Entrepreneur, 2007
- Licensed to practice law before the State and Federal Courts of New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
- Neutral Arbitrator for FINRA
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- New York, 1999
- New Jersey, 1999
- National Association of Women Business Owners, 2005 - 2015
- Montgomery Bar Association, 2004 - 2014
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2004
- Director, NJSBA Women in the Profession Section
- Vice Chair, Solo Small Firm Section of the NJ State Bar Association
- Neutral Arbitrator for NJ Supreme Court District Fee Arbitration Committee
- Neutral Arbitrator for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- NJSBA Board of Trustees, Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointments Committee, Diversity Committee, COREL, Mercer Bar Association Board of Trustees, Civil Bench/Bar Committee, Diversity Committee Chair Supreme Court District Ethics Committee, 2022
- NJSBA Solo Small Firm Section Practitioner of the Year, 2021
- Arbitrator, Panel Chair, Supreme Court District Fee Arbitration Committee, 2019
- Member, Diversity Committee, New Jersey State Bar Association, 2019
- Trustee - New Jersey State Bar Association
- Chair, Solo/Small Firm Section of the New Jersey Bar Association, 2017
- Secretary and vice chair of the Solo/Small Firm Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, 2015
- NJSBA Nominating Committee NJSBA Legislative Committee, 2017
- Designing Contracts, IFDA/ASID, 2007 to 2007
- Author, “Employment Law for Employees: Practical Tips on How to Protect Yourself in the Work Place and On Your Way Out.”
- Presenter at the NJ State Bar Association Annual meeting- 2018 The Confidence Gap
- Presenter at Solo Small Firm Section, 2014 - 2018
- Presenter, Small Firm Conference, 2015 - 2016
- Presenter, Continuing legal Education, Ethics in billing practices for the New Jersey State Bar Association Solo
- Avoiding Business Liability, IFDA/ASID, 2008 - 2008
- Providing a perspective on diversity from the view of living in a town where the caucasian population is in the minority., A Perspective on Diversity, New Jersey State Bar Association Diversity Newsletter, NJSBA, 2017
- B.A., Case Western Reserve University, Majors: Political Science and History, Minor: English., 1995
- Elected Councilwoman, West Windsor Township, NJ, 2015
- Supreme Court District Ethics Committee investigator
- Arbitrator and Panel Chair, Supreme Court District Fee Arbitration Committee, District VII (Mercer County)
Office location for Ayesha K. Hamilton
13 Roszel road, suite C226,
Princeton, NJ 08540
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023