Jennifer L. Alexander
Top rated Real Estate attorney in Randolph, New JerseyGriffin Alexander, P.C.
Practice Areas: Real Estate, Creditor Debtor Rights, Alternative Dispute Resolution; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1998
Education: The University of Toledo College of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Jennifer L. Alexander, Esq., a partner at Griffin Alexander, P.C., provides quality legal guidance and personalized expertise to her clients. Ms. Alexander focuses her practice on community association law and landlord-tenant law. She proudly advocates on behalf of the personal and business legal needs of clients in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
In 1995, Ms. Alexander earned a Bachelor of Arts from Douglas College. She went on to attend The University of Toledo College of Law, receiving a Juris Doctor in 1998. Ms. Alexander has been admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
Fusing the principles of law with the needs of those she serves, Ms. Alexander represents clients in a range of complex matters. Her experience includes helping her clients obtain efficient and effective resolutions to issues in community association law, residential and commercial law, landlord/tenant law, disputes, lease negotiations, and Federal Fair Housing regulations and compliance, including with respect to: New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania community associations, Federal Fair Housing regulations, land use and zoning, residential and commercial landlord-tenant disputes, real estate law, and municipal law. Ms. Alexander also accepts other general litigation cases, as well as cases involving issues such as disability law, wills and trusts, estates, commercial law and business startups. She works closely with her clients to help them address the legal issues they already face and to develop strategies to avoid future legal challenges.
An active member of the legal community, Ms. Alexander is involved in numerous professional associations. She is a Mediator with the New Jersey Community Associations Institute. Her memberships include the American Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the National Apartment Association, the New Jersey Apartment Association, and the Community Associations Institute – New Jersey Chapter, Hudson Valley Chapter and Pennsylvania-Delaware Chapter, and the Property Owner Association in New Jersey.
Ms. Alexander regularly speaks on community association and landlord/tenant topics at Community Association Institute – New Jersey Chapter seminars, the NJAA, the POA, for management companies, and national landlords. She also lectures and delivers seminars on Federal Fair Housing regulations and other issues of concern to landlords. She hosted an ICLE Webinar, entitled "Bankruptcy Basics for the Residential Real Estate Lawyer." Ms. Alexander has been invited to lecture on rental and condo collections at Rutgers Center for Real Estate Studies. Additionally, she has presented at NJAA, and CAI Seminars, including "Fair Housing and Beyond", "The Board Leadership Development Workshop", and “Contracting for Capital Projects Webinar.” Ms. Alexander is proud to volunteer her time and vast experience on Pro-bono work to aid non-profit organizations who assist women and children. Her work and dedication to assisting those in vulnerable circumstances have resulted in several nominations for "New Jersey Best Lawyers for Families."
Ms. Alexander is a Mediator through the New Jersey Community Associations Institute (CAI). She is a frequent contributor and speaker at AssociationHelpNow where she participated as a panelist on the “NJ Ethics Manager Webinar” and recorded a live stream: “How to Run Meetings Plus Deal with Conflicts Online.” She has also been instrumental in helping clients navigate these unchartered waters during the COVID-19 pandemic by, among many things, assisting in establishing policies, procedures and webinars including “Coronavirus, Pool, Gyms and Hot Tubs in New Jersey.” With social distancing effecting close communities, Ms. Alexander worked with the New Jersey Apartment Association to present “Handling Resident Issues and Concerns amid COVID-19,” covering resident issues and concerns regarding nose complaints, smoking issues and residents not complying with social distancing.
Practice areasReal Estate: Business, Creditor Debtor Rights: Business, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Construction Litigation: Business, Land Use/Zoning, State, Local & Municipal
Arbitration, Collections, Condominiums & Cooperatives, Construction Defects, Debt Discharge, Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Loan Modifications, Mediation, State, Local & Municipal Litigation
- 40% Real Estate: Business
- 20% Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
- 10% Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10% Construction Litigation: Business
- 10% Land Use/Zoning
- 10% State, Local & Municipal
First Admitted: 1998, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.lawgapc.com/attorneys/jennifer-l-alexander-esq/
- Workshop pertaining to Community Associations at the Community Association Institute., The Board Leadership Development Workshop
- Seminar regarding Real Estate Transactions., Rutgers Real Estate Seminar
- Hosted a Webinar for ICLE., Bankruptcy Basics for the Residential Real Estate Lawyer, Legal, Real Estate
- Regular seminars on various topics pertaining to Community Associations at the Community Association Institute., Fair Housing and Beyond
- New York Community Association Election Procedures, New York Community Association Election Procedures, Legal, Community Associtations, 2019
- Seminar regarding Real Estate transactions., Greystar Real Estate Seminar
- New Jersey Fair Housing Seminars at various organizations such as NJAA and POA., New Jersey Fair Housing Seminars
- Griffin Alexander, P.C. represents over 200 community associations and more than 150 corporate landlords, as well as, individual landlords throughout the New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania area. Under the leadership of shareholder, Jennifer Alexander, the Landlord-Tenant department oversees more than an average of 200 evictions per month.
- New Jersey Community Associations Institute (CAI), Mediator
- Ms. Alexander regularly provides lease reviews and lease drafting for her clients to insure they are in compliance with new laws and fit the needs of her individual clients. She is also well versed in Fair Housing, rent control laws, affordable housing requirements and what is necessary for capital surcharge applications. Ms. Alexander has successfully handled several housing discrimination suits on behalf of landlords filed by tenants, and provides procedures and recommendations to help limit landlord exposure to Federal Fair Housing violations. Similarly, Ms. Alexander represents community associations, providing guidance through the transition process from developer control to homeowner control and serves as general counsel for community association needs including but not limited to collections. Ms. Alexander appears before Planning and Zoning Boards in support of community association applications, as well as in opposition to applications which are contrary to a client’s interests. Ms. Alexander assists associations with elections, rule making, drafting amendments, and also attends board meetings to improve community living. Ms. Alexander assists clients in real estate matters. She specializes in commercial real estate transactions, such as the sale and development of real estate properties, land use, refinancing, and purchases and sales of investment properties.
- Apostle House
- National Apartment Association, Member
- Property Owners Association, Member
- NJ Cooperator, Member
- New York Cooperator, Member
- Community Associations Institute - New Jersey Chapter, Member Community Associations Institute- Hudson Valley Chapter, Member Community Associations Institure - Pennsylvania/ Deleware Chapter, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- New York Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- America Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Douglas College, B.A.
- The University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., 1998
- Jennifer L. Alexander has been nominated as a Best Lawyer for Families by New Jersey Family., Best Lawyer for Families, New Jersey Family, 2018
- Jennifer L. Alexander has been nominated as a Best Lawyer for Families by New Jersey Family., Best Lawyer for Families, New Jersey Family, 2019
- Jennifer Alexander was honored to be chosen by the Community Associations Institure as 2018 Speaker of the Year., Speaker of the Year, Community Associations Institute, 2018
- Jennifer L. Alexander has been selected to be a Advisory Board Member at Rutgers University., Advisory Board Member, Rutgers University, 2019
Office location for Jennifer L. Alexander
415 Route 10 East
Randolph, NJ 07869
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2024