James T. Hunt, Jr.
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Rochelle Park, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Jim Hunt, the founder of Hunt & Associates, is a former Big Law attorney who trained at one of the biggest and most prestigious law firms in the world. He now uses that unique experience and training to help his injured clients fight for justice against “the big guys,” including negligent corporations and greedy insurance companies. He has learned from, and battled against, some of the best lawyers in the country. Jim routinely tangles in court with some of the largest law firms and companies in the country.
Jim is a compassionate fighter for those who have been unfairly and unjustly injured by the negligence of others. He connects with his clients and has the ability to calmly lead them through the sometimes difficult and confusing path of the legal system.
Jim's sense of justice is driven by his experiences watching family members and friends suffer wrongs and injuries and their own fights for justice.
He is a tenacious litigator who – like his clients – will never give up in pursuing the path of justice. There is a reason that even many of his adversaries have referred clients to Jim: because he is likeable and gets results.
Jim is proud to have been named a SuperLawyer in 2019 and 2020 and has a 10 star rating on Avvo.
Jim is particularly experienced in handling personal injury cases involving:
- Sidewalk slip and fall/premises liability accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle/cyclist accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
Mr. Hunt is admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania state courts, and he is additionally admitted to practice in the federal courts of New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, as well as before the U.S Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
His successful track record throughout his career has earned Mr. Hunt a great deal of recognition from his fellow members of the bar, including a 10.0 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo. He attended Swarthmore College, where he majored in political science and was a member of the school’s varsity football team before receiving a Bachelor of Arts in 1996. Mr. Hunt’s legal education came at Seton Hall University School of Law, and he served on the Seton Hall Constitutional Law Journal before obtaining his Juris Doctor magna cum laude, in the top of his class, in 1999.
About James T. Hunt, Jr.
First Admitted: 1999, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.huntpersonalinjury.com/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Jim has, for many years, been a Board member and pro bono outside legal counsel to the South Jersey Field of Dreams, a New Jersey baseball program focused on serving the needs of physically and mentally disabled children. Jim has also coached a South Jersey Field of Dreams baseball team Jim currently serves on the Parish Council of the St. Joseph Catholic Church in Bergen County, NJ Jim was a board member and pro bono legal counsel to the James V. Ameo Scholarship Foundation, which provided scholarships to deserving high school graduates in Northern New Jersey Jim and his firm have held legal clinics in an underprivileged, Spanish-speaking community in the Bronx, NY Jim currently volunteers his time to coach youth football and basketball in Bergen County, NJ Jim and his firm have been a sponsor and supporter of The Canuso Foundation, a nonprofit that raises money to combat child cancer and supports The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia’s (CHOP) child cancer research initiatives; the Olympic Cape Challenge Tournament, which supports the Shootdown Cancer Foundation; the Nightingales Opera singing fundraiser in September 2018; and various food drives in Camden, NJ
- Admitted to the following courts: State of New Jersey United States District Court, New Jersey Third Circuit Court of Appeals State of New York State of Pennsylvania United States District Court, Southern District of New York United States District Court, Eastern District of New York United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Obtained the maximum insurance policy limits settlement for the wrongful death of a pedestrian struck by a vehicle. Multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of an auto accident victim who sustained Traumatic Brain Injury. Substantial six-figure settlement for a client who tripped and fell on a defective New York City sidewalk Obtained a substantial settlement for a young girl who suffered permanent injuries as a result of being bitten by a dog. Obtained substantial six-figure settlement for a client who fractured a hip after a slip and fall in a restaurant Obtained a substantial six-figure settlement for a injured motorcycle rider Obtained a six-figure settlement for a worker who fell off of a scaffold at work Recovered half-a-million dollars for a construction worker who fell off of a ladder at construction site Substantial settlement for cyclist hit by car while crossing street in Brooklyn Obtained substantial six-figure settlement for client who slipped and fell at large grocery store chain
- Jim was named to Atlantic City Weekly’s Top 40 under 40 list in 2010 Jim was named to (201) Magazine Top Lawyers List, 201 Magazine
- Swarthmore College, B.A., Political Science, 1996
Last Updated: 6/29/2022