Edward S. Snyder
Top rated family law attorney in Roseland, New JerseySnyder Sarno D'Aniello Maceri & da Costa LLC
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1966
Education: Boston University School of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Attorney Edward S. Snyder is a partner at Snyder Sarno D'Aniello Maceri & da Costa LLC in Roseland, New Jersey. Mr. Snyder’s firm has offices in Roseland, Bridgewater and Hackensack, serving clients in both northern and central New Jersey.
Mr. Snyder earned his law degree from Boston University School of Law. He has been licensed to practice law in New Jersey since 1966 and has over 40 years of experience practicing family law. Throughout his career, he has lectured on family law-related topics for organizations throughout the country including bar associations and other professional legal organizations. He has tried many cases during his wide range of family law experience, including those before the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Because of his dedication and skill in the legal realm, Mr. Snyder has received many awards including being named a charter fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers, a diplomate of the American College of Family Trial Lawyers and a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. He has attained the highest rating of AV Preeminent* from the peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell and has been consistently listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America.” He has also received the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Saul Tischler award and the Silver Shingle award from Boston University School of Law.
Mr. Snyder has served many roles throughout his career including chairman of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Family Law Section and council of the American Bar Association’s Family Law Section.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1966, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.snydersarno.com/attorneys/edward-snyder
- Lecturer, matrimonial and custody matters - New Jersey Judicial College, the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the Delaware State Bar Association, the New York Trial Lawyers Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the American Bar Association
- Amendment to Statute of Frauds is Not Retroactive
- Ten Things You Should Know Before Filing For Divorce
- Which Surname Is in a Child's Best Interest
- Treatment of Pregnant Mothers and Infertile
- Pay, Pal
- Where Matrimonial Law and the Law of Trusts Overlap
- The Court Addresses a Variety of Family Law Issues, and a Controversy of Its Own
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, New Jersey Chapter, Past President
- International Academy of Family Lawyers, Charter Fellow
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Former Chairman
- American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Family Law, Member, 1984 to 1990
- Konzelman v. Konzelman
- Recipient of the Saul Tischler Award from the Family Law Section of the New Jersey Bar Association for lifetime achievement in family law, 1999
- Selected for Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers since 1999
- Selected as a New Jersey Super Lawyer, a list published by Thomson Reuters, every year consecutively since its inception in 2005
- Silver Shingle, Boston University School of Law
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© every year consecutively since 1993 (Copyright 2013 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC)
- American College of Family Trial Lawyers, Diplomate
- Selected to the Top 100 2017 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
Office location for Edward S. Snyder
425 Eagle Rock Avenue
Roseland, NJ 07068-1717
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023
Top ListsTop 100: New Jersey Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2006, 2009 - 2010, 2017 - 2018
Certificates and credentials
Find me online
- @SnyderSarnoLLC Mourns the Loss of Partner, Mentor and Friend, Edward "Ed" S. Snyder. @eddie1618… https://t.co/SqhijUAoIe
- In observance of #MLKDay, SSDMD will be CLOSED Jan. 16. This day commemorates the extraordinary life of… https://t.co/jXOVqh3DFs
- Paul M. da Costa, Esq. & his team obtained a $1.2 million settlement for a victim in a failure to timely treat a st… https://t.co/0RSwmRDdmG