Gerald Jay Resnick
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Roseland, New JerseyResnick Law Group, P.C.
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, General Litigation, Employment Litigation; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1978
Education: Western New England University School of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Resnick Law Group, P.C.5 Becker Farm Road
Roseland, NJ 07068 Visit website
Gerald Jay Resnick is the founder of Resnick Law Group. From the firm's main office in Roseland, New Jersey, as well as from its New York City office, he focuses his practice primarily on employment law matters, providing representation to area plaintiffs in cases involving employment discrimination, sexual harassment, hostile working environments, wage and hour disputes, ADA and FMLA violations, employee misclassification, and retaliation and whistleblower claims. Certified as a specialist in civil trial law by the Board on Attorney Certification of the Supreme Court of New Jersey, Mr. Resnick also handles qui tam and civil rights claims as well as lawsuits involving shareholder or partnership disputes.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Resnick received a Bachelor of Liberal Studies from Bowling Green State University in 1974. He then pursued his legal education at Western New England University School of Law in Springfield, Massachusetts, and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1978. He founded his current firm in 2011. Admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, Mr. Resnick is also admitted to practice before several federal courts, including the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 2nd and 3rd Circuits.
Throughout his career, Mr. Resnick has been successful in a number of decisions that advanced the rights of his clients in matters involving employment agreement arbitration clauses, the Fair Labor Standards Act and wrongful termination. His fellow attorneys have taken note of his successes, with one indication being his receipt of a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. He is an active participant in several professional organizations, including the American Association for Justice, the National Employment Lawyers Association and Trial Attorneys of New Jersey.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employee, General Litigation, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employee, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower
- 80% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10% General Litigation
- 10% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1978, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.thenjemploymentlawfirm.com/gerald-jay-resnick.ht...
- Included in the Super Lawyers list
- Bowling Green State University, B.A. in Liberal Studies, 1974
- Certified Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Cahill v. City of New Brunswick
- Wiley v. Hughes Capital Corp.
- Dow v. L&M Security, Inc.
- Conoshenti v. PSE&G
- Craig v. Suburban Cablevision
- Klein v. UMDNJ
- Molin v. Shapiro
- Entrot v. BASF Corp.
- New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member of the National and New Jersey National Employment Lawyers Association ("NELA")
- Member of the International Network of Boutique Law Firms ("INBLF")
- District of Columbia
- National Employment Lawyers’ Association
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Trial Attorneys of New Jersey ("TANJ")
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- New York
- Bencher, Sidney Reitman Labor and Employment Inn of Court
- Member of the Employment Law Section
Office location for Gerald Jay Resnick
5 Becker Farm Road
Roseland, NJ 07068
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
Additional sources of information about Gerald Jay Resnick
Find me online
- New Jersey Court Allows Wrongful Termination Case Based on Legal Cannabis Use to Proceed https://t.co/QCPhYVF11C
- NLRB Bars Employers from Including Non-Disparagement Clauses in Severance Agreements https://t.co/YPhVnQo82j
- New Jersey Appellate Division Reinstates Disability Discrimination Claim in Employment Lawsuit https://t.co/3JXcZmntIV