Paul M. da Costa
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Roseland, NJ
Selected to Rising Stars: 2008, 2010 - 2016
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
- Free Consultation
Paul M. da Costa is an attorney and partner at Snyder Sarno D’Aniello Maceri & da Costa LLC, in Roseland, New Jersey. Mr. da Costa dedicates his practice to personal injury and medical malpractice law, serving clients throughout Bergen, Essex, and Somerset counties.
Mr. da Costa has been licensed to practice law since 2003 and is licensed in both the District of Columbia and New Jersey. Over the course of his career, he has helped numerous victims of catastrophes, such as car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, or medical malpractice, receive compensation. His work has enabled many of his clients to obtain multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements.
After graduating from Rutgers University with a bachelor’s degree, Mr. da Costa earned his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law. While attending law school, he also obtained a master’s degree in diplomacy and international relations from the university. In addition, he is a graduate of the trial advocacy institute through the National Trial Advocacy College.
Using his knowledge to educate others, Mr. da Costa regularly lectures other attorneys and professionals at continuing legal education programs. His contributions to the profession have been recognized by the New Jersey Law Journal, which named him one of the “new leaders of the bar” in 2016. He has also been named one of the “Top 40 under 40” by the organization The National Trial Lawyers.
Mr. da Costa has been included on Thomson Reuters’ New Jersey Super Lawyer list from 2017 - 2020, Thomson Reuters' New Jersey Super Lawyers Top 100 list in 2020 and 2021, and Thomson Reuters’ New Jersey Rising Stars list in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Mr. da Costa is an active member of the New Jersey legal community. He is a member of the New Jersey Association for Justice and he is on the Board of Governors for the New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ).
- 80%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2008, 2010 - 2016
Certificates and Credentials
- New Jersey Board on Attorney Certification
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
Articles about Paul M. da Costa appearing in Super Lawyers
About Paul M. da Costa
First Admitted: 2003, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.snydersarno.com/attorneys/paul-da-costa
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Top 100 list, Thomson Reuters
- Thomson Reuters' New Jersey Super Lawyers Top 100 list, 2020
- , New Jersey Law Journal’s Top 20 Personal Injury Awards of the Year, 2017
- , Top 20 Settlements and Verdicts, New Jersey Law Journal, 2018
- , Woodward White’s The Best Lawyers in America
- , Thomson Reuters’ New Jersey Super Lawyer list, 2017 - 2020
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Thomson Reuters’ New Jersey Rising Stars list, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- New Leaders of the Bar, New Jersey Law Journal, 2016
- Rutgers University, Rutgers College
- 20th Annual Medical Malpractice Update: What Effect, if any, Does the Affordable Care Act have on Life Care Plans?, Speaker
- Civil Trial Advocacy Do's & Dont's: Tips for the Novice, Jan, 2014, Speaker
- How is ADR used in family law vs. civil law matters and what is the difference?, Speaker
- Civil Trial Advocacy Do’s and Dont’s: Tips for the Novice, Apr, 2015, Speaker
- Medical Malpractice - Meadowlands Seminar 2016 Topic: Mock Trial of an Anesthesia Malpractice Case - Cross of Defense Liability Expert, Speaker
- Medical Malpractice - Boardwalk Seminar 2017 Topic: Using Medical Learned Treatise, Speaker
- Civil Trial Advocacy Do’s and Dont’s: Tips for the Novice, May, 2017, Speaker
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, 2019
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ), Board of Governors, Member
Last Updated: 5/15/2022