Kevin A. Buchan
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Shrewsbury, NJ
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009 - 2015
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
- Free Consultation
Attorney Kevin A. Buchan is a founding partner with Buchan & Palo LLC law firm in Tinton Falls, New Jersey. A top-rated trial lawyer with more than 16 years of total legal experience, Mr. Buchan provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Monmouth and Ocean counties who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Criminal defense
- Municipal and administrative law
- Ethics proceedings
- Family law
As an attorney, Mr. Buchan has a deep and abiding passion for helping those in need, and he has achieved a long record of securing successful outcomes for his clients in state and federal courts across his region, as well as before various administrative agencies and licensing authorities. Regardless of the issues his clients are facing, he delivers the practical advice they need to make the best-informed decisions as he fights aggressively to help them pursue the positive results they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Buchan has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers, and he has gained a reputation as one of the leading criminal defense attorneys in his region. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he finds great reward in being able to help people in their times of dire need.
A 2001 cum laude graduate of Rutgers College, Mr. Buchan attended Seton Hall University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2004. He holds his license to practice in New York as well as New Jersey, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
Mr. Buchan is an active member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey and the New Jersey State Bar Association. He also serves as trustee of the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey, and he helped author "Tax Consequences of Forfeiture, Penalties, and Restitution."
About Kevin A. Buchan
First Admitted: 2004, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://buchanpalolaw.com/attorneys/
- Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Monthly Magazine’s Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, 2013 – Present
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list since 2009 as published in the New Jersey Monthly Magazine
- Co-author, Tax Consequences of Forfeiture, Penalties, and Restitution, TAX NOTES, January 21, 2013 (John H. Skarbnik, Kevin A. Buchan)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Association of the Federal Bar
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2005
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2012
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2007
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York, 2007
- New York, 2005
- New Jersey, 2005
- Trustee, Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey (ACDLNJ)
- Rutgers College, B.A., cum laude, 2001
Last Updated: 6/2/2022