Top rated family law attorney in Shrewsbury, New JerseyBuchan, Palo & Cardamone, LLC
Practice Areas: Family law, Appellate, Criminal defense; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 2009
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Newark
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Attorney Stephanie Palo is a founding partner with Buchan & Palo LLC law firm in Tinton Falls, New Jersey. A top-ranked and award-winning lawyer with more than 11 years of total legal experience, Ms. Palo provides exceptional representation to clients throughout Monmouth and Ocean counties who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Family law
· Criminal defense
· Appeal of Family Law and Criminal Defense matters
Ms. Palo has gained a reputation for her boundless energy and passion for the law as well as her compassion and integrity when dealing with her clients. She strives to help her clients achieve the favorable outcomes they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible, whether that is through mediation or negotiation or through an aggressive approach at trial. At all turns, she delivers highly personalized counsel to those she serves to help them make the best-informed decisions, and she fights hard to protect their rights and interests.
In recognition for her impeccable professionalism and outstanding legal abilities, Ms. Palo has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers, including an Top 10 Under 40 designation from the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys. She has also received Superb, 10 out of 10, client ratings on Avvo as well as the site's Top Attorney designation.
A 2006 graduate of Boston University, Ms. Palo obtained her Juris Doctor from Rutgers Law School in 2009. She holds her license to practice in New Jersey and New York, and she is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Ms. Palo is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and the Monmouth County Bar Association as well as the Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group, Collaborative Divorce Professionals of New Jersey and the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey. She also serves as president of the Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group and a member of the Monmouth Bar Association's Family Law Committee, Professionalism Committee, and Publications Committee. She has also published articles and conducted lectures across her region on a variety of legal topics.
Practice areasFamily law, Appellate, Criminal defense, Civil litigation: plaintiff
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Appeals, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Failure to pay child support, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Sex offenses, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence
First Admitted: 2009, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://buchanpalolaw.com/attorneys/
- New Jersey Association of Women Lawyers
- S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2010
- New York, 2010
- New Jersey, 2009
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals of New Jersey
- Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group (2020 President)
- Monmouth County Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Co-Chair
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- National Academy of Family Law attorneys Under 40 Top 10, 2017
- Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Monthly Magazine’s Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, 2017 – Present
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, 2006 B.S., Major: Mass Communication, Minor: International Relations
- Graduated with Juris Doctorate in 2009
- A Charade of Change: Honor Killings Go Unpunished in Pakistan, 1 U.C. Davis J. Int’L Law & Pol’y 93 (2008)
- Presenter, New Jersey Association for Justice 2018 Annual Boardwalk Seminar
- Still Citizens After Marriage: Exploring Women’s Nationality Rights, 30 Women’s Rts. L. Rep. 673 (2009)
Office location for Stephanie Palo
750 Broad St
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2023