Top rated personal injury attorney in South Orange, New JerseyLaw Office of Clarence Barry-Austin P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal injury; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1977
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Newark
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
As the founder of The Law Offices of Clarence Barry-Austin, PC., Clarence Barry-Austin brings almost 45 years of experience to the personal injury cases he handles. He primarily serves clients in South Orange, NJ, and has built a strong reputation as a fierce advocate for his clients. Some of the types of cases he handles include police misconduct, defective products, medical malpractice and car accidents.
In 1969, Mr. Barry-Austin completed his B.A. in history at Fordham University. Then, in 1976, he earned his law degree at Rutgers Law School - Newark Campus, Rutgers University. He later became a certified civil trial attorney. Almost immediately after being admitted to the New Jersey bar, he began his seven-year tenure as a trial attorney with Allstate.
The experience Mr. Barry-Austin earned as an insurance defense lawyer gave him the insights he needed to switch sides. He established The Law Offices of Clarence Barry-Austin, PC. in 1984 and began representing personal injury victims. His consistent wins for his clients earned him the recognition of his peers and prestigious organizations. For example, the Essex County Bar Association (New Jersey) once presented him with the Civil Trial Attorney Achievement Award.
Even outside of the office, Mr. Barry-Austin remains active in the law community. Some of the groups he maintains memberships with include New Jersey Association for Justice and Garden State Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: defense
Motor vehicle accidents, Slip and fall, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 0% Personal injury - general: defense
First Admitted: 1977, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://barryaustinlaw.com/attorney-profile/clarence-barry-e...
- Certified Mediator
- New Jersey Board on Attorney Certification; Civil Certification Committee (Former committee member)
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney
- Rewarded 2020 America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys Award
- 2019 Recipient of the "Gerald B. O'Connor, Esq. Award" by the New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ)
- 1998 - Civil Trial Attorney Achievement Award presented by the Essex County Bar Association
- "AV® Preeminent™" rating by Martindale Hubbell
- Civil Trial Attorney Achievement Award. For excellence as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney, and for contributions to the Bar and Community., Civil Trial Attorney Achievement Award, Essex County Bar Association (New Jersey), 1998
- New Jersey – 1977
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Garden State Bar Association (former President and Board member)
- Essex County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Fee Arbitration Committee – Essex County (former member)
- Essex-Newark Legal Services – Volunteer Lawyer Project
- Essex-Newark Legal Services (former Board member)
- Supreme Court Task Force On Minority Concerns
- Brennan-Vanderbilt American Inn Of Court (Master)
- New York – 1983
- Garden State Bar Association (GSBA)
- New Jersey Association For Justice (NJAJ)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA)
Office location for Clarence Barry-Austin
76 South Orange Avenue
South Orange, NJ 07079
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney