Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Summit, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Focusing her practice on divorce and other family law matters, Stephanie Lomurro is a partner at Schwartz Vinhal & Lomurro Family Law, LLC. With offices in both Summit, New Jersey and Hoboken, New Jersey, Stephanie represents clients throughout the state, including Union County, Hudson County, Bergen County, Essex County, Morris County, Somerset County, Middlesex County, and Monmouth County.
Stephanie practices exclusively in the area of Family Law. When representing clients who are going through a divorce or separation, she works to resolve issues including but not limited to spousal support, the division of assets and liabilities, child support, custody and parenting time. In the event that a matter cannot be settled amicably, either through direct negotiation or mediation, Stephanie guides her clients through the court system and litigation process.
Additionally, Stephanie assists clients who are seeking to grow their families by way of the adoption process, prenuptial and post-marital agreements. She also regularly handles domestic violence matters. For her clients whose marriages or relationships have already been formally dissolved, she helps them obtain modifications to or the enforcement of existing Agreements, Judgments and Court Orders.
Stephanie is a recipient of a 10.0 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo and was a recipient of the NJBiz 40 Under 40 Award for 2020. She has been ranked by Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" every year since 2013. The firm of Schwartz Vinhal and Lomurro Family Law, LLC, has been ranked by U.S. News Best Lawyers as a Best Law Firm - Tier 1 in Family Law since 2012.
In addition to her regular practice of law, Stephanie is a member of the NJSBA Family Law Executive Committee, an Associate Editor of The New Jersey Family Lawyer (a prestigious family law publication distributed by the New Jersey State Bar Association), a Trustee to the Hudson County Bar Association, a Trustee to CASA of New Jersey, a member of the Women's Bar Association of New Jersey, a member of the Essex County Bar Association, and a volunteer for Partners for Women and Justice. Stephanie was appointed by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey to serve on the District IV (Hudson County) Ethics Committee where she is currently in her second term, and she volunteers as an Early Settlement Panelist in both Hudson and Union Counties.
Stephanie is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2022
About Stephanie Lomurro
First Admitted: 2009, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.schwartzfamilylaw.com/stephanie
- Drew University, B.A.
- Associate Editor of The New Jersey Family Lawyer, a prestigious family law publication distributed by the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Co-authored the book Litigation Technology for the Modern Practitioner
- Lecturer, on issues involving family law and ethics, New Jersey Association of Justice, the Justice Virginia Long Family Law American Inn of Court, the New Jersey State Bar Association, and the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Trustee, Hudson County Bar Association and Foundation, 2020
- Board of Trustees for the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of New Jersey, 2017
- NJSBA Family Law Section Executive Committee Member; Associate Editor of New Jersey Family Lawyer Magazine; Former co-chair of Young Lawyers Subcommittee
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Subcommittee, Co-Chair
- New Jersey State Bar Association's Family Law Executive Committee, Member
- Trustee, Hudson County Bar Association, 2020
- NJBIZ 40 Under 40 award, 2020
Last Updated: 5/18/2022