Michael J. Deem
Top rated personal injury attorney in Toms River, New JerseyR.C. Shea & Associates, Counsellors at Law
Practice Areas: Personal injury
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1999
Education: Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Michael J. Deem is an associate at R.C. Shea & Associates, Counsellors at Law, located in Toms River, New Jersey. Representing clients throughout New Jersey, he focuses his practice primarily on personal injury and commercial litigation, advocating for those who have been harmed by the negligence of others in matters involving motor vehicle collisions, premises liability, nursing home abuse, and defective products. Mr. Deem also represents corporations which includes negotiating and litigating contract disputes.
Mr. Deem pursued his undergraduate studies at what is now known as Stockton University, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in 1993. He then went on to attend Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1998. Following law school, Mr. Deem worked for a number of years defending insurance companies before switching to plaintiff's work, an experience that has helped him to better fight for the recovery of damages on behalf of his clients.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey, Mr. Deem is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He has been certified as a civil trial attorney by the Board on Attorney Certification of the Supreme Court of New Jersey and as a civil trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. An indication of the high esteem in which he is held by his fellow professionals is his "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Always striving to stay abreast of current developments in his field, Mr. Deem is a member of several legal organizations. A member of the board of governors of the New Jersey Association for Justice, he is an active participant in the Ocean County Bar Association and the American Association for Justice.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1999, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.rcshea.com/attorney/michael-j-deem/
- Selected to participate in the Family Law Clinic
- Civil Arbitrator and Contract Arbitrator for the Superior Court’s Mandatory, Non-Binding Arbitration Program
- Received distinction in Torts Law and Contracts, Touro Law School in Huntington, New York, 1998
- Bishop George Ahr High School, 1989
- B.A., Stockton State College, 1993
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member, 2007
- New Jersey, 1999
- Ocean County Bar Association, Active member, 2008
- New Jersey Association for Justice Board of Governors, 2012
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1999
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney , 2012
- 2011, Rule 1:40 Qualified Mediator, 2010
- Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Civil Trial Advocate, 2012
Office location for Michael J. Deem
244 Main Street
Toms River, NJ 08754
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023