Lawrence N. Lavigne
Top rated employment litigation attorney in Union, New JerseyLawrence N. Lavigne, Esq. LLC
Practice Areas: Employment litigation, Employment & labor, Consumer law; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1982
Education: Seton Hall University School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Lawrence N. Lavigne is a Union, New Jersey, attorney who devotes his practice to commercial litigation. With his solo firm, Lawrence N. Lavigne, Esq., L.L.C., he handles cases involving all manners of employment law for both employees and employers, breach of warranty, consumer fraud, "lemon" law (new car only) and more. He represents not-for profit organizations including religious institutions. He is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney.
Mr. Lavigne holds a degree in history from Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and earned his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law in Newark, New Jersey. He is admitted to practice in both New York and New Jersey, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. He also holds a certification from the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a civil trial attorney.
Respected within his profession, Mr. Lavigne is rated AV Preeminent, * the highest possible rating, by the attorney peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Lavigne has authored articles and lectured on various legal issues for different organizations, including the American Institute for Paralegal Studies.
A member of several local, state and national bar associations, Mr. Lavigne participates in the New Jersey Association for Justice, The American Bar Association, The New Jersey State Bar Association and the Union County Bar Association. He is also a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. In 2012, he is a fellow in Litigation Counsel of America.
Mr. Lavigne serves as vice president and general counsel for Foreign Tire Sales, Inc., in Union, New Jersey.
Mr. Lavigne currently sits on the District XII Attorney Ethics Committee.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee, Consumer law, Nonprofit organizations, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Employment law - employee, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Consumer protection, Lemon law, Non-profit & tax-exempt organizations, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall
- 50% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 20% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% Consumer law
- 10% Nonprofit organizations
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1982, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.lnlavignelaw.com/Attorney/Lawrence-N-Lavigne.shtm...
- Foreign Tire Sales, Inc., V.P. and General Counsel
- "AV" Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow, 2012
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers list, 2010 - present
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney, New Jersey Supreme Court, 2007
- Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, PA, USA, B.A., Major: History, 1979
- Author, "Imported Product Recalls; The legal complexity of recalls involving foreign manufactured goods", New Jersey Law Journal, 2007
- Untying the Laidlow Knot (w.Wm. Drier), NJ Law Journal, Dec, 2002
- Institute for Paralegal Studies, 1985 - 1990
- Litigation Counsel of America, 2013
- Union County Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1986
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Products Liability Section
- American Association for Justice
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Torts and Insurance Practice Section
- New York, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1982
- New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Automotive Liability Committee
- IT Companies
Office location for Lawrence N. Lavigne
2444 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023