Howard N. Sobel
Top rated General Litigation attorney in Voorhees, New JerseyLaw Offices of Howard N. Sobel, P.A.
Practice Areas: General Litigation, Business & Corporate, Bankruptcy; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1980
Education: Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Law Offices of Howard N. Sobel, P.A.507 Kresson Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043 Visit website
Howard N. Sobel is the founder of The Law Offices of Howard N. Sobel, P.A., and represents clients of South Jersey including Burlington, Camden and Gloucester counties. With a natural competitive spirit and desire to help others, he handles cases of appellate law, bankruptcy, business law, commercial collections, commercial landlord/tenant, general civil litigation, equipment leasing, personal injury and real estate law.
Named by South Jersey Magazine as a Bankruptcy & Creditor-Debtor Rights Awesome Attorney from 2012 to 2017 as well in 2020 in the area of Business Law. Mr. Sobel has also written for local newspapers and lectured on collections and credit to local businesses. In 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2017 and 2018, he was named one of the Top Attorneys for Debt Collection by SJ Magazine.
In 1976, Mr. Sobel graduated from Rutgers University with distinction and honors, earning a Bachelor of Arts in political science. During his time at Rutgers he also had a chance to intern with a United States Senator. After his undergraduate work, he returned to school at Cleveland State University’s Cleveland Marshall College of Law, where he obtained a Juris Doctor in 1979. Mr. Sobel currently represents both individuals and businesses in their legal needs related to anything from selling a home to recovering from an injury caused by another.
A highly skilled attorney with four decades of experience, Mr. Sobel is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and both Pennsylvania and New Jersey state courts. He is also a member of the Camden County Bar Association and the New Jersey State Bar Association.
The firm is also a debt relief agency. They help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Practice areasGeneral Litigation, Business/Corporate, Bankruptcy: Consumer, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Real Estate: Consumer
Business Formation and Planning, Litigation, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- 30% General Litigation
- 40% Business/Corporate
- 10% Bankruptcy: Consumer
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Real Estate: Consumer
First Admitted: 1980, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.sobellaw.com/howard-n-sobel-esq/
- , Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers list in the area of general litigation, 2020
- , Top Attorney (Commercial), SJ Magazine, 2021
- Top Attorney (Debt Collection) by SJ Magazine from 2008 to 2010, 2013, 2017 and 2018., Top Attorney (Debt Collection), SJ Magazine, 2017
- , Awesome Attorney-Business Law, South Jersey Magazine, 2020
- Awesome Attorney (Bankruptcy & Creditor-Debtor Rights) by South Jersey Magazine in 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016 ,2017 & 2018., Awesome Attorney -Bankruptcy & Creditor-Debtor Rights), South Jersey Magazine, 2018
- Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers list in the area of general litigation each year since 2010
- Canon Financial Services Inc., Canon Solutions America, Marlin Leasing Corporation, Balford Farms & Camden Bag & Paper Company, LLC
- Rutgers University, Camden, B.A. with honors and distinction in Political Science, 1976
- Camden County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals -Third Circuit
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Jersey
- United States Supreme Court
- Top Attorney (Commercial) SJ Magazine , 2021
- Mr. Sobel prevailed in the New Jersey Supreme Court representing the Egg Harbor Township MUA in the case of McDade v.Siazon, 208 N.J. 463 (2011) , 2011
- Howard N. Sobel, Esq. received a Unanimous Favorable Decision from the New Jersey Supreme Court for his client the Egg Harbor Township MUA, in the case of Mc Dade vs.Siazon and the Egg Harbor Township MUA, et al, 208, N.J. 463 (2011).
- Awesome Attorney in Business Law by South Jersey Magazine, 2020
- In anticipation of incresed Bankruptcy filings, Howard N. Sobel, Esq. provided a Webinar to the Credit /Collection and Legal Departments of Canon Solutions America giving insights on what to expect in future Bankruptcy filings., Preparation for Post Pandemic Bankruptcies, Webinar-Canon Solutions America, Office Equipment, 2021
- Copier Vendors
- Equipment Leasing
- Financial Institutions & Food and Restaurant Supply Distributors
Office location for Howard N. Sobel
507 Kresson Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023