Carrie A. Lumi
Top rated Family Law attorney in Wall Township, New JerseyLumi Law Firm, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 2001
Education: Pennsylvania State University The Dickinson School of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Lumi Law Firm, LLC1704 Maxwell Drive
Wall Township, NJ 07719 Visit website
The founder of Lumi Law Firm, LLC, Carrie A. Lumi, Esq., focuses her practice exclusively on divorce and family law matters. Located in Wall, New Jersey, and admitted to practice before all New Jersey state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, she represents clients throughout Monmouth and Ocean Counties and other parts of the state. Ms. Lumi formed her own firm in June 2017 after spending more than 17 years with an area law firm, eventually chairing its matrimonial and family law department.
A large portion of Ms. Lumi's practice involves helping people who are facing the end of their marriage and who are thus having to deal with property division, child support, alimony, and child custody and visitation. A R. 1:40 qualified mediator and experienced in collaborative divorce, she often uses these alternative dispute resolution methods to help her clients come to an agreement on their divorce and family law issues, but she is also a forceful courtroom advocate when litigation becomes necessary. In addition to her divorce practice, Ms. Lumi assists clients who have been the victims of domestic violence and represents clients in non-dissolution (FD) matters. She has also handled matters before the New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCPP).
Ms. Lumi's professional memberships include the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group and the Ocean County and Monmouth Bar Associations. She serves as an Early Settlement Panelist in Monmouth and Ocean Counties and is a past-chair of the Family Law Committee of the Monmouth Bar Association. A graduate of Ursinus College, where she majored in English and earned a Bachelor of Arts in 1994, she obtained her legal education at Dickinson School of Law in Carlisle, Pennsylvania and was awarded her Juris Doctor in 1997.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2001, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.lumilawfirm.com/attorneys/carrie-lumi/
- State v. Laura Moran
- Division of Youth and Family Services v. J.L. and T.L., in the Matter of O.L.
- Ursinus College, Collegeville, Pennsylvania, B.A., 1994
- I have been a member of the Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group since 2017 and presently serve as a board member., 2017
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- I am a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association. I have been a member of the Ocean County and Monmouth Bar Associations and am a R. 1:40 Qualified Mediator. I have the privilege of serving as a Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist in both Ocean and Monmouth Counties and am a past-chair of the Family Law Committee of the Monmouth Bar Association. I also serve on the board of the Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group.
- Ocean County Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Member
Office location for Carrie A. Lumi
1704 Maxwell Drive
Wall Township, NJ 07719
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2017, 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2006 - 2011