Michael J. DeTommaso
Top rated Family Law attorney in Warren, New JerseyDeTommaso Law Group, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 2004
Education: New England Law | Boston
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Michael J. DeTommaso is the founder and managing partner of The DeTommaso Law Group, LLC. He has been certified as a specialist in matrimonial law by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Certified Matrimonial Attorney. Located in Warren, New Jersey. He solely focuses his practice on divorce and other family law matters, with his clients located in Somerset, Middlesex, Hunterdon, Morris, Union and Mercer counties.
In his matrimonial law practice, Mr. DeTommaso assists people who are facing the end of their marriage and who need guidance on such divorce-related issues as child custody and visitation, the division of assets and debts, and alimony and child support. He is a highly respected and aggressive litigator if the parties cannot reach an accord and these matters have to be decided by a judge or arbitrator. However, Mr. DeTommaso is also trained in mediation and arbitration, and he will employ those alternative dispute resolution methods whenever possible. Other family law areas that he has significant experience in include the preparation and review of prenuptial agreements, paternity disputes, grandparents' rights and obtaining protective orders on behalf of victims of domestic violence. Highly regarded by his fellow professionals, Mr. DeTommaso has received a "Superb" peer-review rating through Avvo.
Admitted to practice before all New Jersey state courts, Mr. DeTommaso is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. He is a member of several legal organizations, including the Family Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association; Somerset County Family Practice Committee; and Somerset County Domestic Violence Working Group.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2004, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.detommasolawgroup.com/michael-j-detommaso/
- Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers, New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2017
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2004
- Somerset County Bar Association, Family Practice Committee
- New Jersey, 2004
- Somerset County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Somerset County Bar Association, Domestic Violence Working Group
- Early Settlement Panelist, Somerset County, 2007-Present
- Jersey Battered Women’s Services, Morris County, 2016-Present
- Resource Center for Children and their Families of Somerset County, 2004-2016
- Early Settlement Panelist, Hunterdon County, 2007-Present
- Kings College, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Certified Matrimonial Attorney, Supreme Court of New Jersey
Office location for Michael J. DeTommaso
58 Mt Bethel Rd
Warren, NJ 07059
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney