Top Rated Family Law Attorney in West Caldwell, NJ
Selected to Rising Stars: 2007 - 2009
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
- Free Consultation
Melissa Cipriano is the principal attorney at Cipriano Law Offices, P.C. Ms. Cipriano offers dedicated representation in family law cases involving marriage dissolution, divorce and related issues such as child support and custody, prenuptial agreements and domestic violence.
Although based in New Jersey at Cipriano Law Offices, P.C., Ms. Cipriano is an approved family law attorney and mediator representing clients in New Jersey, New York and Florida. Following graduation from Wells College in 1991, she earned a master's of business administration from Fairleigh Dickinson University in 1996 and a juris doctorate from Nova Southeastern University in 1999.
Ms. Cipriano is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, New York State Bar Association and the Florida State Bar Association. She is also a member of the New Jersey Association for Justice and is authorized to represent cases before the United States Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, the United States Supreme Court and district courts in New York, New Jersey and Florida.
Ms. Cipriano is a member of the Bergen County Bar Association, the Family Law Executive Committee of Essex County and the Hunterdon/Somerset County Inns of Court. Her honors and awards include recognition by Cambridge's Who's Who in 2008 and the Stivale D’Italia Award of Excellence, which noted her "honesty, integrity and dedication to fair and ethical business practices." She was named among the top attorneys in New Jersey in 2011.
Ms. Cipriano serves as a volunteer on the Essex County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel. As an qualified family law mediator and a parenting coordinator as well as an experienced matrimonial litigator, Ms. Cipriano brings her experience and dedication to every case.
- 80%Family Law
- 20%Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Mediation
- Super Lawyers: 2011, 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2007 - 2009
- Top 100: 2021 New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Women New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Women New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Women New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Women New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Women New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 Women New Jersey Super Lawyers
Articles about Melissa Cipriano appearing in Super Lawyers
About Melissa Cipriano
First Admitted: 1999, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.ciprianolaw.com/attorney/cipriano-melissa-esq/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteers, Essex County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel
- "The Top Attorneys in New Jersey", 2011
- "Outstanding Reputation as a Woman Whose Word is Her Bond"
- New Jersey Rising Stars, 2007-2009
- Rising Star in Family Law
- "Best of New Jersey Among our Most Distinguished Americans of Italian Descent"
- Included in the Super Lawyers 2014 – 2016 list
- Cambridge's Who's Who, 2008
- "Stivale D’Italia Award of Excellence"
- She was named to the Super Lawyers 2011 list
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Committee Member, New Jersey Association for Justice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- Member, Hunterdon/Somerset County Inns of Court
- Member, Family Law Executive Committee of Essex County
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, M.B.A., 1996
- Nova Southeastern University Law School, 1999
- Wells College, B.A., 1994
- Qualified Family Law Mediator, 2005
- Family law mediator since 2005. Admitted to practice law in New York since 2002 and Florida since 1999. Master's in Business Administration in 1996.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022