Heather C. Keith
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Westfield, NJ
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014 - 2017
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Heather C. Keith is the founder of the Keith Family Law in Westfield, New Jersey. As a child of divorce herself, Ms. Keith focuses on providing "drama free" divorce, as to the attorneys working in her firm. Ms. Keith represents her clients with passion, empathy, professionalism, and a firm hand with difficult adversaries where it's needed. She promotes a "team approach" to her practice, mentoring and conferring with the attorneys in her firm to support each client in their matter through multiple points of view regardless of who is the lead attorney on the case.
Resolving her clients' divorce and family law matters amicably, often through collaboration and mediation, is a priority for Ms. Keith. She is trained in divorce mediation and is a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, the New Jersey Collaborative Law Group, Family Focus Divorce, and the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators. Ms. Keith believes that a mutually negotiated settlement tailored to each client's situation with care is more lasting and more meaningful to the parties.
Ms. Keith is a natural visionary and holds leadership roles in a number of professional organizations. She is President-Elect of the Union County Bar Association and Vice President of the New Jersey Council of Collaborative Practice Groups. She is also a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Barry Croland Family Law American Inns of Court and The Richard J. Hughes American Inns of Court.
Ms. Keith is licensed in New Jersey, New York, and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. Ms. Keith was an associate attorney in a boutique matrimonial and family law firm in northern New Jersey before founding her own private practice.
- 80%Family Law
- 20%Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Father's Rights, Mediation
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2017
About Heather C. Keith
First Admitted: 2007, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.keithfamilylaw.com/heather-c-keith-esq/
- Union County Bar Association, President, 2022
- Union County Bar Association, Officer, 2017-2020
- Union County Bar Association, Trustee, 2014-2016
- Union County Bar Association, 2007 - present
- New Jersey Center for Collaborative Divorce and Mediation (Family Focus Divorce), 2014 - present
- New Jersey Collaborative Law Group, 2012 - present
- International Academy of Collaborative Practitioners, 2012 - present
- Associate Editor, New Jersey Family Lawyer (publication of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Division), 2008 - present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2007 - present
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators, 2012 - present
- Union County Bar Association, Young Lawyer Trustee, 2010-2012
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2007 - present
- Barry Croland Family Inns of Court, 2007 - present
- Richard J. Hughes Civil Inns of Court, 2007 - present
- Editorial: Alimony Guidelines – If It Ain’t Broke, Don’t Fix It, with Cary B. Cheifetz, Esq., New Jersey Family Lawyer, Vol. 33, No. 1 (June 2012)
- Justice Robert L. Clifford — In Memoriam, New Jersey Family Lawyer, Vol. 35, No. 4 (June 2015)
- Custody and Religion: Are Church and State Separate in New Jersey Family Court?, New Jersey Lawyer (August 2009)
- United States v. Rapanos: Is “Waters of the United States” Necessary for Clean Water Act Jurisdiction?, 3 Seton Hall Cir. Rev. 565 (2007)
- Oberlin College, B.A.
Last Updated: 10/3/2022