Dominic A. Tomaio
Top rated family law attorney in Whippany, New JerseyTownsend, Tomaio & Newmark, L.L.C.
Practice Areas: Family law, Estate planning & probate; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1997
Education: Seton Hall University School of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Attorney Dominic A. Tomaio, a founding partner at Townsend, Tomaio & Newmark, L.L.C., is a specialist in representing clients going through the divorce process. "My priority today is protecting your tomorrow!" He is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney, and has been approved by the Superior Court of New Jersey as a Qualified Mediator pursuant to Court Rule R.1:40-12. He has been diligently representing clients for over twenty three (23) years. Mr. Tomaio has served clients in central and northern New Jersey, including but not limited to Morris County, Essex County, Bergen County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Union County, Warren County, Sussex County, and Middlesex County. For more than Twenty (20) years, he has counseled his clients on subjects such as divorce, child support and child custody laws, division of assets, prenuptial agreements, domestic partnerships, civil unions, parental aleination, and mediation.
Mr. Tomaio has been involed in a high profile divorces as seen on "DateLine," which aired on NBC, which may be viewed on his individual bio page of his website, TTNLAW.COM. He has also lectured for the Institute of continuing education. Mr. Tomaio is the author of New Jersey Family Law Practice, 13th Edition, Chapter 14. Chapter 14 talks about issues surrounding unmarried cohabitants, domestic partnerships and civil unions (palimony, real estate and other assets). This publication is widely used by most New Jersey Superior Court, Chancery Division and Family Part judges.
Mr. Tomaio is a member of the Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Committee. He is a professional, honest and aggressive advocate for his clients.
Practice areasFamily law, Estate planning & probate
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Living wills, Power of attorney, Wills
- 90% Family law
- 10% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1997, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.ttnlaw.com/attorneys/dominic-a-tomaio/
- Avvo, a popular lawyer rating website, where clients have rated Mr. Tomaio with a 10.0, which is the highest rating an attorney may achieve with regard to representing their clients. Mr. Tomaio's past clients attest to his commitment to representing his clients in an aggressive but professional manner.
- Mr. Tomaio serves on the Morris County Early Settlement Panel, which is a Pro-Bono program which is a mandatory mediation step in the NJ divorce Process. Mr. Tomaio is also "Blue Ribbon Panelist" which is a Pro-Bono Program where Complex Divorce cases are referred to an attorney with Extensive Experience as opposed to being sent to the Early Settlement Panel. New Jersey Battered Womens Program
- Mr. Tomaio Represents Victims of Domestic Violence, by trying case on a Pro-Bono Basis in order to obtain a Final Restraining Order from a Superior Court Judge. Mr. Tomaio prides him self on helping victims of domestic violence. He has tried cases and won cases involving Harassment, Assault, Aggravated Assault Sexual Assault, and Rape. This program is run by the New Jersey Battered Women's shelter, located in Morris County N.J.
- High Profile Divorce as seen on "Dateline", go to TTNLAW.COM.
- Conell V. Diehl 397 N.J. Super. 477 (App. Div 2008). A matter dealing with palimony. Valente v. Valente, a reported appellate division case involving alimony, where Mr. Tomaio was trial counsel who tried the case in Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Mr. Tomaio has been appoved by the Superior Court of New Jersey as a Mediator pursuant to R. 1:40-12.
- Mr. Tomaio received his Juris Doctorate at Seton Hall School of Law.
- Mr. Tomaio has a Bachelors Degree in Psychology., 1993
- New Jersey Family Law Practice, Skoloff & Cutler,13th Edition
- Chapter 14 Unmarried Cohabitants
- Palimony and Dividing Assets of Unmarried Couples, Domestic Partnerships & Civil Unions.
- New Jersey State Bar Association;Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Executive Committee., 1999
- Valente v. Valente, trial attorney for Mr. Valente. Trial Judge ruled Open Durational Aimony on an 11 1/2 year marriage, which was overturned on appeal., 2014
- Approved by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a qualified Family Law Mediator., 2014
- Matrimonial Law Attorney, Supreme Court of New Jersey
- , Townsend, Tomaio & Newmark, L.L.C., Family Law/Mediaion, 2018
- By The New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Certified Matrimonial Atttorney
Office location for Dominic A. Tomaio
100 South Jefferson Rd
Whippany, NJ 07981
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2011, 2013 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2006 - 2007
Certificates and credentials
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney