Ernest P. Fronzuto, III
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Woodland Park, NJ
Selected to Rising Stars: 2006 - 2012
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Ernest P. Fronzuto III, founder of Fronzuto Law Group, is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney. He has been selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers list every year since 2006. With an unshakeable commitment to excellence, Mr. Fronzuto concentrates his practice on the most complex plaintiff medical malpractice, pediatric malpractice, birth injury, product liability, and catastrophic injury matters.
Having developed a distinguished reputation as a legal resource, Mr. Fronzuto has frequently lectured and published in the areas of medical malpractice and product liability law. Among his trial and appellate accomplishments, Mr. Fronzuto successfully argued before the New Jersey Supreme Court in the seminal "discovery rule" case of Guichardo v. DeLisi , 177 N.J. 45 (2003), as well as the Patient Safety Act/hospital investigation records case of Brugaletta v. Garcia, 234 N.J. 225 (2018). He has also appeared in prominent media outlets, both due to his litigation achievements, and as an authority providing critical legal context for some of the most pressing medical malpractice issues affecting the public, such as simultaneous surgery.
Mr. Fronzuto is a member of the bar in the State of New Jersey and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. He is also a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, New Jersey Association for Justice (formerly ATLA) and the Passaic County Bar Association. He received a B.A. from Susquehanna University and a J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of the Seton Hall Constitutional Law Journal. He served a one-year judicial clerkship with the Honorable John E. Keefe, in the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
Following his clerkship, Mr. Fronzuto worked at several of New Jersey's largest law firms, where he garnered extensive experience in the areas of plaintiff civil litigation, product liability and medical malpractice matters. His multifaceted background, which includes representation in the areas of product liability and toxic tort defense, provides him with unique insight when representing clients in challenging product liability and catastrophic injury cases today. In fact, Mr. Fronzuto has obtained sizable verdicts on behalf of those injured by defective products, such as youth sports and recreation equipment and consumer products. Working alongside a select team of talented attorneys, Mr. Fronzuto remains at the helm of Fronzuto Law Group, assisting clients through every phase of the legal process with relentless dedication to providing unparalleled representation and achieving maximum compensation.
- 80%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Wrongful Death
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2006 - 2012
Certificates and Credentials
- New Jersey Board on Attorney Certification
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
About Ernest P. Fronzuto, III
First Admitted: 1997, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.fronzutolaw.com/attorneys/ernest-p-fronzuto/
- , Named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, 2006 - 2021
- With particular knowledge and experience in the realm of pediatric malpractice, our firm has represented numerous children harmed by negligent pediatric care. In one such case, we represented an 18-month old child with lifelong disabilities from failure to diagnose and treat infant respiratory distress. Due to medical professionals’ failure to recognize acute oxygen deprivation, our client experienced a serious brain injury. Her diagnosis of Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE) and cerebral palsy stemmed from the lack of medical intervention that left her brain-damaged. We achieved $3.825 million in damages, which the family can use for the child’s future medical and other needs.
- We often represent victims of birth injuries, including mothers and infants who are left with permanent conditions and complications due to negligence before, during, and after labor and delivery. Representing one client who suffered a stroke, respiratory failure, brain swelling, excessive blood loss, and other severe complications from undiagnosed preeclampsia, our team resolved the matter for $1.9 million.
- In this wrongful death case, our client experienced several severe injuries during robotic surgery. Due to surgical errors causing damage to his vascular system, bowels, and spleen, the man needed multiple corrective procedures that were ultimately to no avail. Septic shock, significant blood loss causing anemia, and punctures to his most vital veins were among the injuries that led to his deteriorating condition and subsequent death. We recovered $5.075 million on behalf of his surviving family.
- Among the many product liability cases that we have successfully handled for clients of all ages, we were able to obtain a $14.5 million settlement for our young client, a 12-year-old boy who was left with permanent brain damage after being injured in a youth baseball game. The boy was hit with a ball traveling straight to his chest from an aluminum youth baseball bat, which led to cardiac arrest and approximately 20 minutes during which his brain was deprived of oxygen. We were gratified to know that he and his family will have some relief and the care that needs for the duration of his life.
- Member, Passaic County Bar Association, 2006 – Present
- Member, New Jersey, 1997
- Member, New Jersey Association for Justice, 2006 – Present
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association, 1997 – Present
- Member, U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1997
Pro bono/Community Service
- New Jersey Bar Foundation, 2004 – Present
- Product Liability A – Z, ICLE, 2003 – 2004
- Editor-in-Chief, Seton Hall Constitutional Law Journal
- Speaker, “The Boundaries of Common Knowledge: When is an Expert Required and When Does Res Ispa Apply?,” New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ) Education Foundation, Winter Seminar, 2019
- NJAJ Meadowlands Seminar, Trial Advocacy, 2012
- Brugaletta v. Garcia, 234 N.J. 225 (2018)
- Guichardo v. DeLisi, 177 N.J. 45 (2003)
- Orbe v. Manitowac, eta. WL 738690 (A.D. 2012)
- Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, B.A. in Political Science, Honors: Dean’s List, 1994
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney, New Jersey Supreme Court, 2006; Recertified 2013
Last Updated: 5/16/2022