Brian K. Branch
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
A caring, compassionate representative for those in Albuquerque and the rest of New Mexico, Mr. Brian K. Branch is the founder of the law office of Brian K. Branch, and represents clients in matters of personal injury, car accidents, premises liability, wrongful death, legal malpractice and insurance bad faith. Skilled in the courtroom, Mr. Branch has over three decades of experience and has obtained a multimillion-dollar verdict for a seriously injured client.
A graduate of Coe College where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in 1982, Mr. Branch also earned a Juris Doctor from the University of New Mexico School of Law in 1987. For his commitment to legal ethics and professional accomplishments, he earned the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Branch is admitted to practice in New Mexico, Colorado, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit. Clients who have been treated unfairly by insurance companies or wronged by the negligent actions of another find an aggressive advocate for their rights when they consult with Mr. Branch.
He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and the State Bar of New Mexico and a fellow of the New Mexico Bar Association. A current member of the Albuquerque and Bernalillo County Bar Associations, Mr. Branch was also a member of the board of directors for both from 1988 to 1990. For the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, he was chair of the Omniflox Litigation Support Group for two years.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Legal Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2014, 2017 - 2022
About Brian K. Branch
First Admitted: 1987, New Mexico
Professional Webpage: https://www.bkblaw.net/attorneys/
- American Board of Trial Attorneys
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 1988
- Albuquerque County Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors, 1988-1990
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Chair, Omniflox Litigation Support Group, 1992-1994
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico, 1988
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Colorado (inactive), 1995
- New Mexico, 1987
- Bernalillo County Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors, 1988-1990
Pro bono/Community Service
- New Mexico Bar Foundation, Fellow
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Torres v. State, 119 N.M. 609, 894 P.2d 386, 1995
- Browder v. City of Albuquerque, 787 F.3d 1076 (10th Cir.), 2015
- Schirmer v. Homestake Mining Co., 118 N.M. 420, 882 P.2d 11, 1994
- Paiz v. State Farm, 118 N.M. 203, 880 P.2d 300, 1994
- Abeita v. Northern Rio Arriba Elec. Coop., 124 N.M. 97 (Ct. App.), 1997
- Kelly v. United States, 241 F.3d 755 (9th Cir.), 2000
- Coe College, B.A., 1982
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Albuquerque Journal Readers Choice Best Personal Injury Attorney, 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022