« Back to ResultsShow More
Clifford K. Atkinson
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
Selected to Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
Licensed in New Mexico Since: 1978
Education: The University of New Mexico School of Law
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Energy & Natural Resources, Transportation/Maritime
Clifford K. Atkinson is a founding partner, along with John Thal, of the law firm of Atkinson, Thal & Baker, P.C. Admitted to the New Mexico Bar in 1978 and the Colorado Bar in 1993, Mr. Atkinson’s practice includes civil litigation, and trial and appellate practice in New Mexico, Colorado, and Nebraska Federal and State Courts, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth and Federal Circuits, and U.S. Claims Court. As an AV rated lawyer, Mr. Atkinson’s areas of expertise include representation of plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury cases, as well as complex commercial litigation, torts, energy (pipeline, natural gas, oil) natural resources (mineral and water) litigation; railroad law; securities law; professional malpractice litigation in the areas of accounting, engineering, architecture, law, medicine, and real estate; and, employment and intellectual property litigation.
- Top 25: 2022 New Mexico Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2021 New Mexico Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2020 New Mexico Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2019 New Mexico Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2018 New Mexico Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2017 New Mexico Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2016 New Mexico Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2015 New Mexico Super Lawyers
About Clifford K. Atkinson
First Admitted: 1978, New Mexico
Professional Webpage: http://www.atb-law.com/index.asp
- Mr. Atkinson received his B.S. from the University of Arizona in 1973, and his J.D. from the University of New Mexico in 1978.
- Representative clients include Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company; Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation; CPA Mutual Insurance Co.; New Mexico State University; Seven Bar Enterprises, Inc.; Seven Bar Flying Service; Southwestern Railroad Company, Inc.; Western Railroad Builders, Inc.; Atkinson & Co., Ltd., CPA (not affiliated); Union Pacific Railroad Company; United Title Companies, Inc.; Hampson Aerospace Industries; and Electromech Incorporated.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022