George Giddens, Jr.
Top Rated Creditor Debtor Rights Attorney in Albuquerque, NM
- Free Consultation
Attorney George "Dave" Giddens Jr. founded Giddens & Gatton Law, P.C., formerly known as the Law Office of George "Dave" Giddens, P.C., in 1997 with the goal of providing high-quality legal services to the residents of Albuquerque, nearby Rio Rancho and the surrounding areas in Central New Mexico. Today, he continues to work toward his original goal by ensuring the protection of his firm's clients' rights as he represents their interests in matters related to the following:
• Bankruptcy, including consumer and business bankruptcies
• Business law, including construction law
• Real estate, including litigation and transactions
• Commercial and civil litigation
Mr. Giddens began his legal career in 1983 after earning his law degree from The University of Kansas School of Law and his admission to the State Bar of New Mexico. In addition to his approval to practice law before all of New Mexico's state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit have also approved him to practice in their courtrooms.
Over the past nearly 35 years, Mr. Giddens has earned a reputation as a professional and ethical attorney. This excellent reputation has resulted in a number of honors, including an "Excellent" rating from Avvo and an AV Preeminent peer-review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell. In addition, The Best Lawyers in America has included him on its list of the nation's top attorneys.
Attorney Giddens is an active member of the legal community and his local community. He is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Home Builders Association of Central New Mexico and the New Mexico Bankers Association.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
About George Giddens, Jr.
First Admitted: 1983, New Mexico
Professional Webpage: http://www.giddensgattonandjacobus.com/About-Our-Firm/George...
- Southwest Super Lawyer, 2009, 2012 - 2021
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Top Rated Lawyer for Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy, 2013
- Order of the Coif, University of Kansas, 1983
- Best of the Bar/Bankruptcy, 2011
- Isler v. TXO, 749 F.2d 22 (10th Cir. 1984)
- PCA v. Lane, 61B.R. 526 (Bkrptcy. D. N.M. 1986)
- Minuteman v. Alexander, 166 B.R. 729 (Bkrptcy. N.M. 1993)
- Outlook/Century, Ltd., 127 B.R. 650 (Bkrptcy. N.D. Calif. 1991)
- GNMA v. RTC, 802 F. Supp. 387 (D. Ct. N.M. 1992)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Capital Funds Campaign, Chaired
- St. Stephen’s United Methodist Church
- Finance ministry, Chaired
- Bankruptcy Section, State Bar of New Mexico
- New Mexico Bankers Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1983
- Member, NAIOP
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court District of New Mexico
- Independent Community Bankers Association
- State of New Mexico, 1983
- Member, New Mexico Bankers' Association
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico, 1983
- Home Builders Association of Central New Mexico
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Home Builders Association of Central New Mexico
- University of Kansas, Bachelor of General Studies in Personnel Administration, 1980
- "Do Non-Business Bankruptcies Cost Too Much?" The ABI Bankruptcy Reform Project-National Sympposium Serie, August 16, (co-author), 1995
- "Taylor v.Freelalnd & Kronz and Its Progeny- Is the Bright Line Really So Bright?" Norton Bankruptcy Law Advisor, June, Co-author, 1995
- "Successful Judgment Collections in New Mexico" National Business Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico, June, 1997
- "Complying With the Fair Debt Collections Act" National Business Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico, June, 1996
- "Ethical Issues in Representing Debtors and Estates" State Bar of New Mexico, Bankruptcy Law Section, February, 1996
- "Roadmap to the Bankruptcy Code" State Bar of New Mexico, Bankruptcy Law Section, Annual Convention, September, 1998
- Commercial Real Estate
- Family Farmers
- Small To Large Businesses
Last Updated: 10/27/2021