Stephen R. Marshall
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Albuquerque, New MexicoMarshall Law, P.C.
Practice Areas: Medical Malpractice, Civil Litigation, Professional Liability; view more
Licensed in New Mexico since: 2011
Education: The University of New Mexico School of Law
Marshall Law, P.C.509 Roma Ave NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102 Visit website
Attorney Stephen R. Marshall is the founder and owner of Marshall Law, P.C., in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Recognized as one of the top trial attorneys in his age group by superlawyers, Mr. Marshall provides unmatched counsel and support to clients across the state who have legal needs involving personal injury or medical malpractice.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Marshall worked as an insurance defense attorney representing some of the largest corporations in New Mexico. Realizing his efforts are better served representing those who have suffered injury or loss as a result of someone else's negligence, he now focuses his practice exclusively on representing plaintiff clients, and he has a driving mission to maximize his clients' recoveries and help them obtain the justice they so desperately deserve.
From his efforts, Mr. Marshall has secured substantial settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients, including a $1.3 million verdict for the victim of an accident involving a high-speed police car chase. He has received numerous testimonials from those he has served, who remark about his compassionate support and commitment to seeing them through very difficult and uncertain times in their lives. He has also received designation as a Top 40 Under 40 from The National Trial Lawyer along with other top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
Mr. Marshall graduated from The University of New Mexico in 2008 with a Bachelor of Science in physics and a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, summa cum laude. He then returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor summa cum laude from The University of New Mexico School of Law in 2011, where he graduated first in his class.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Professional Malpractice - Other
- 60% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2011, New Mexico
Professional Webpage: http://www.marshalllawnm.com/attorney/marshall-stephen-r/
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2019 and 2020
- Listed on the New Mexico Super Lawyer’s Rising Star list, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020
- B.S. Physics B.A. Spanish, 2008
- Graduated #1 in my law school class., 2011
- Summary of McAneny v. The New Mexico Superintendent of Insurance, wherein 4 physicians successfully sued the Superintendent for secretly allowing hospitals to become qualified under the New Mexico Medical Malpractice Act., Author, Hospitals and the Medical Malpractice Act: Does the Administrative Procedures Act Have Any Teeth?, The New Mexico Trial Lawyer, Trial Lawyers Association, 2019
- Board of New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, 2020
- Recovered $50,000 for pro bono client in dispute over the terms of a settlement release., 2021
- Successfully got case dismissed against family sued by their roofing company for failing to pay for the company for shoddy work., 2019
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement involving client permanently injured by a physician who negligently implanted a spinal cord stimulator., 2021
- $50,000.00 settlement involving man T-boned by uninsured drunk driver., 2021
- $137,500 settlement involving young girl who suffered facial scarring when injured by a dangerous condition at a daycare., 2021
- $95,000.00 Settlement involving woman who tripped and fell on a public sidewalk., 2021
- Multi-million dollar settlement in dispute over will., 2018
- $500,000 settlement in wrongful death case involving bicyclist hit by truck., 2020
- $1.3 Million Verdict against City of Santa Fe for high speed policy chase ending in car crash., 2018
- $750,000 settlement for life-changing injuries suffered at rock climbing gym., 2017
- $1,000,000 settlement in car crash resulting in severe injuries to elderly man, 2020
- $4.9 Million Settlement in negligent delivery resulting in wrongful death., 2019
Office location for Stephen R. Marshall
509 Roma Ave NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
- Rising Stars: 2015, 2017 - 2023