Amalia S. Lucero
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Placitas, NM
As founder of The Law Office of Amalia S. Lucero, LLC, Amalia S. Lucero advocates for victims of negligence in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and across the state. She litigates and negotiates on behalf of clients who have suffered a personal injury related to matters such as premises liability, wrongful death, medical malpractice and sexual abuse.
The damages these issues create extend beyond physical injury. They take an emotional and financial toll on people as well. Each of these items comes into play in a personal injury lawsuit, and Ms. Lucero knows how to illustrate the extent to which an incident has affected a client.
For more than 15 years, Ms. Lucero has been successful in returning compensation for people who have been harmed by someone else’s actions. She has taken many cases to state and federal courts, though she understands the importance of reaching an efficient settlement when possible. As a testament to her accomplishments, she has been listed in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 and The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40.
In 1995, Ms. Lucero graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in political science from The University of New Mexico. She then received a Juris Doctor in 1999 from The University of New Mexico School of Law.
A published author, Ms. Lucero also serves as a copy editor for the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association Journal. She is on the board of directors for that organization and is also active with the American Association for Justice.
Ms. Lucero is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico.
About Amalia S. Lucero
First Admitted: 1999, New Mexico
Professional Webpage: https://www.amaliaslucero.com/attorney/lucero-amalia-skogen-...
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers, Board of Directors, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2002
- Inn of Courts, Member, 1999 - 2003
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico, 2000
- American Association for Justice, 2000 - Present
- New Mexico, 1999
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- NMTLA Subrogation Law Update
- NMTLA Evidence Handbook, assisted in the revisions made in 2004-2005
- Copy Editor for the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Journal 2009-present
- NMTLA Litigation Series, Editor & Author
- NMTLA Tort Update, Statute of Limitations-Update, April 2010
- Spencer v. Health Force, 137 N.M. 64, 107 P.3d 504 (NMSC 2 2005)
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, B.A., Honors: Magna Cum Laude in General Honors, Major: Political Science, 1995
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- UNM National Moot Court Team, Member
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2012
- Client Satisfaction Award, 2016
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2013
- Kappa Kappa Gamma
Last Updated: 12/29/2020