Andrew H. Wood
Top rated family law attorney in Albany, New YorkAndrew H. Wood, Esq., PLLC
A sole practitioner and the founder of his eponymous law firm, Andrew H. Wood divides his practice between family law matters and estate planning and administration. He is located in Albany, New York, and he provides representation to clients throughout the greater metropolitan area. Mr. Wood has been admitted to practice in New York since 2006, and he is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court.
Mr. Wood majored in finance with a minor in economics at Rochester Institute of Technology and received a Bachelor of Science in 2001. He then went on to enroll at Albany Law School, and in 2005 he was awarded his Juris Doctor. Prior to opening his firm in January 2021, Mr. Wood was associated with other area law firms, and he also served as an assistant corporation counsel for the city of Albany.
Many of Mr. Wood’s family law clients are contemplating a divorce or already in the process of doing so. They come to him to learn more about the state’s laws dealing with property division, parenting time, alimony and child support, and he often takes the lead in negotiating a comprehensive settlement agreement. However, when litigation proves to be necessary, he is an experienced courtroom advocate on their behalf. Other family law matters that Mr. Wood has handled have included order modifications and the preparation and review of prenuptial and postmarital agreements.
Mr. Wood also assists many clients who are planning their estate, preparing and updating trust agreements, wills, powers of attorney, and advance medical directives. He also guides heirs and beneficiaries through what can be a complicated probate process. Highly respected by his colleagues, Mr. Wood holds a “Superb” peer-review rating through Avvo.
Practice areasFamily law, Estate planning & probate, Estate & trust litigation
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Father's rights, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Will contests
- 70% Family law
- 20% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Estate & trust litigation
First Admitted: 2006, New York
Professional Webpage: https://awoodesq.com/andrew-h-wood-esq/
- , New York Super Lawyers, 2016 - 2019
- Top 10 Under 40, 2017 - 2018, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- New York State Supreme
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, Member
- United States Tax Court
- Albany County Bar Association, 2011
- New York State Bar Association, 2006
- Rochester Institute of Technology; B.S. Finance with minor in Economics, 2001
- Participated in Matrimonial Trial Institute: A Mock Financial Trial, Speaker, Speaker, Legal, 2019
- Board Member - Bethlehem Youth Football, 2021
- Board Member - TriVillage Little League, Bethlehem, New York, 2021
- Represent numerous clients in divorce, matrimonial and family law matters, 2021
- Negotiated numerous settlements on behalf of clients and have been awarded favorable decisions on behalf of client after litigation, 2021
Office location for Andrew H. Wood
12 Sheridan Ave
Albany, NY 12207
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2016