Andrew R. Safranko
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Albany, NY
Andrew Safranko is a graduate of Albany Academy; Emory University; and Albany Law School. After graduating law school in 1998, Andrew practiced with his father, Stephen A. Safranko, Esq. before becoming an associate in 2001 at O’Connell and Aronowitz, P.C, a 30-person law firm in Albany, New York. After five years, Andrew became one of the youngest lawyers to attain partnership in the firm. During his 11-year tenure, Andrew concentrated his practice in the areas of criminal defense, health care fraud and abuse, professional discipline, plaintiff’s personal injury and civil litigation. In 2012 Andrew joined George LaMache to form LaMarche Safranko Law.
Andrew has numerous accomplishments in all aspects of criminal litigation, including participating and trying many high-profile criminal cases and arguing appellate matters, in both State and Federal Courts. He has represented thousands of criminal clients on issues ranging from major felonies and complex white-collar crimes, to misdemeanors and violations.
In addition, Andrew has been instrumental in recovering millions of dollars for clients in personal injury matters, in both New York State and Federal Courts.
He is admitted to practice before all New York State Courts and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of New York and the District of Vermont, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
He has lectured around New York state on topics such as the rights, practices and procedures that nursing homes are entitled to during criminal investigations, criminal defense for new attorneys and has been a legal analyst on the Paul Vandenburgh Show, 1300 AM in Albany, New York.
About Andrew R. Safranko
First Admitted: 1999, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.lamarchesafrankolaw.com/about/our-team/andrew-r-...
- CLE for Albany County Bar Association;, Speaker, Criminal Law Update 2010
- Albany Law School CLE, Speaker, Criminal Law for Newly Admitted Attorneys
Pro bono/Community Service
- Serves on Board of Trustees for B’nai B’rith Parkview Apartments
- Serves as an Officer on the Board of Trustees for Congregation Beth Emeth.
- Serves as Albany Academy Class Secretary
- Member of the Emory University Alumni Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Defenders Association
- Saratoga County Bar Association
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Albany County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York State Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Emory University, B.S., 1995
- The Albany Academy, 1991
- Represented Former Assemblymen/Parole Board Commissioner in Federal Court, 2010
- People v. Daniel Clark; Albany County Court; acquittal on all charges, including attempted murder, 2016
- People v. Danielle Rancy, Saratoga County Court; acquittal
- , Best Lawyers , The Best Lawyers in America, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in America, 2019
- America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys, America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2017
- Lifetime Achievement, America's Top 100 Attorneys, 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2015
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America , 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America , 2011
- The Best Lawyers in America , 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2010
Last Updated: 5/15/2022