Dianne C. Bresee is a graduate of Skidmore College, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and a graduate of Albany Law School of Union University. Her practice focuses on the defense of environmental, toxic tort and insurance coverage claims. She is admitted to practice in the State of New York and in the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York. Dianne is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Dianne regularly represents insurers in environmental, E & O, D & O and general insurance coverage litigation. She also defends insurers and their insureds in environmental and toxic tort claims. She defends cost recovery and enforcement actions for petroleum spills under New York State's Navigation Law. She has served as appellate counsel in state and federal courts in numerous cases involving environmental and other insurance coverage issues. She also practices in the area of equine law.She has lectured for the New York State Bar Association and other professional organizations on developments in New York Civil Practice, Appellate Practice and Insurance Law, and served for many years as an appointed member of New York Supreme Court's Committee on Character and Fitness. Dianne is also a member of the New York State Bar Association. She is also a member of the Defense Research Institute and is an elected member of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel.
First Admitted: 1980, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.1stlaw.com/Attorneys/Dianne-C-Bresee.shtml
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New YorkJ.D. - 1979Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New YorkB.A. - 1976 Honors: Phi Beta Kappa Major: English
- Insurance Law Practice, Contributing Author, New York State Bar Association, 2000
- Albany County Bar Association, Member New York State Bar Association, Member Defense Research Institute, Member Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, Member American Bar Association, Member
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rated (legal ability very high to preeminent)
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023