Jeffrey M. Selchick
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Albany, New YorkJeffrey M. Selchick, Esq., Attorney - Arbitrator
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Administrative Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Licensed in New York since: 1976
Education: Albany Law School
Jeffrey M. Selchick is an attorney and is engaged in the full-time practice of labor arbitration and employment dispute resolution. Serving on labor arbitration panels of the American Arbitration Association and the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, Mr. Selchick has arbitrated and/or mediated disputes in New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Illinois, Virginia, and Ohio. He is available to accept arbitration and mediation assignments throughout the USA.
Mr. Selchick is a member of the National Academy of Arbitrators and is active in both the public and private sectors. He serves as Permanent Contract Arbitrator for numerous employers and the respective unions. Among other assignments, he currently serves as Master Arbitrator for the State of New York and the Civil Service Employees Association. Mr. Selchick has arbitrated disputes for State and Local governments, teachers, police, firefighters, corrections, hospitals and nursing homes, universities, public authorities, airlines, utilities and nuclear plants, food distributors, warehousing operations, bottling plants, trucking firms, construction trades, service workers, paper industries, public and private transit systems, oil companies, bakeries, hotels and various manufacturing industries.
Mr. Selchick has over 30 years of experience as an Interest Arbitrator for contract terms and conditions of employment, with expertise in police and fire, corrections, hospitals, education and transportation.
It is estimated that Mr. Selchick has resolved over 5,000 disputes.
First Admitted: 1976, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.selchick.com/
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America in the area of Labor and Employment Law since 2011.
- For many years, Mr. Selchick was an Adjunct Professor and taught courses in Arbitration and Collective Bargaining at Albany Law School, Union University. He continues to be a sought after and frequent speaker and lecturer on all aspects of Arbitration and Labor Relations for the NYS Public Employment Relations Board, the Industrial and Labor Relations School at Cornell University, the American Arbitration Association, the NYS Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Section, the NYS Labor-Management Institute, and other professional organizations.
- Martindale-Hubbell, Peer Review Rated, AV, Preeminent, Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards
- Village Justice, Village of Menands, New York from 1986 to 2001
- Mr. Selchick is a member of the National Academy of Arbitrators and the New York Bar, and is a Charter Member of the New York State Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Section. He is a graduate of State University of New York at Plattsburgh (B.A. 1971) and Albany Law School of Union University (J.D. 1975), and was admitted to the New York and Federal Bars in 1976. Mr. Selchick has been a full-time Arbitrator since 1982.
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023