Kevin L. O'Brien
Top rated family law attorney in Albany, New YorkO’Brien & Associates Law Firm, P.C.
Kevin L. O’Brien, Esq. is a distinguished divorce and matrimonial law attorney who has represented clients in the Capital Region and throughout New York State for three decades. He is the founder of O’Brien & Associates Law Firm, PC, and now serves as Of Counsel to the Firm. From to 2016-2022 he was named to the prestigious group of “Super Lawyers,” (see www.superlawyers.com) whose purpose is to present a comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys throughout the United States. Attorney O’Brien is recognized by “Super Lawyers” as a “Top Rated Family Law Lawyer” in New York state, and he has practice in almost every county in the State.
Mr. O’Brien’s outstanding academic record includes: a Masters of Laws and Letters degree, summa cum laude, from Albany Law School; Juris Doctor, from the University of Western New England School of Law; Masters of Arts, and Bachelors of Arts, cum laude, from the State University of New York at Albany.
Avvo (www.avvo.com), the lawyer rating and review web site, includes 180 five star reviews from matrimonial law clients of Kevin O’Brien reflecting his extraordinary representation throughout his exemplary career and illustrating the reasons he has been honored as a “Super Lawyer.” It should also be noted that these reviews were garnered in less than four (4) years.
Below are just a few of Mr. O'Brien's representative cases.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1989, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.albanyfamilyattorney.com/attorney/obrien-kevin-l...
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Course: New York Practice I & II, University of Western New England School of Law
- Game Theory and Domestic Relations Law, The Saratoga County Bar Association
- The Saratoga County Bar Association, Law Notes Vol. X, Issue 1
- New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1989
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2003
- Guarnier v. Guarnier, 155 A.D.2d 744 (3rd Dept 1989), 1989
- In the Matter of Lee TT v Dowling, et al., 87 N.Y.2d 699 (1996), 1996
- Wenskoski v. Wenskoski, 265 A.D.2d 635 (3rd. Dept. 1999), 1999
- Hendricks v. Hendricks, 13 A.D.3d 928 (3rd Dept. 2004), 2004
- Gasparro v. Edwards, 85 A.D.3d 1222, (3rd Dept. 2011), 2011
- Williams v. Williams, 99 A.D.3d 1094 (3rd. Dept. 2012), 2012
- Pro Bono Certificate of Merit, Albany County Bar Association, 2004
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New York, LLM Masters of Laws and Letters, Honors: summa cum laude, Majors: Advanced Legal Studies, 2008
- State University of New York at Albany, Albany, New York, M.A, Majors: History, 1982
- State University of New York at Albany, Albany, New York, B.A., Honors: cum laude, Majors: History, 1979
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2020
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2019
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2018
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2017
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2016
- 2008 to present, Justinian Society of Lawyers, Albany Law School, 2008
- 1987 to 1989, Legal Teaching Fellowships, Western New England College, School of Law
- 1979 to 1981, Graduate Assistantships, State University of New York at Albany
Office location for Kevin L. O'Brien
18 Corporate Woods Boulevard
Albany, NY 12211
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022