Madeline H. Kibrick Kauffman
Top Rated Creditor Debtor Rights Attorney in Albany, NY
Madeline is a managing partner of Nolan & Heller. Her practice is concentrated on the areas of creditors’ rights, commercial loan workouts, commercial real estate, business law, and complex commercial litigation. She has over 30 years of experience representing banks in commercial loan transactions, restructurings and large-scale collection matters. Her diverse litigation experience includes commercial real estate and contract disputes, pursuit of prejudgment remedies, defense of lender liability actions, judgment enforcement, and representation of secured and unsecured creditors in state and federal courts in New York and elsewhere. Madeline routinely represents lenders and borrowers in commercial lending, commercial real estate and asset-based financing transactions.
Madeline also has substantial experience serving as outside counsel to an international manufacturer of engineered glass systems, boat covers and tops, and molded vinyl and other aftermarket supplies, for the global industrial, recreational marine and power sports industries. In this role, she has negotiated and drafted a multitude of supplier, distribution, license and royalty agreements, as well as non-disclosure agreements and non-compete agreements.
Madeline serves as a member of the American Arbitration Association Roster of Neutrals, and holds an “AV” Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating.
About Madeline H. Kibrick Kauffman
First Admitted: 1986, Pennsylvania
- 1986 Pennsylvania Bar; 1987 New York Bar; 2012 Massachusetts Bar. Admitted: New York and U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of New York, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association
- Madeline Kauffman's recent legal projects include: Counsel to a secured lender in the negotiation and documentation of commercial loan workouts totaling in the aggregate more than $80MM, involving large-scale residential (condominium) construction projects in New York; Counsel to secured lenders in commercial loan workouts and litigation involving jet aircraft loans and leases; Counsel to a Bank Group in the negotiation and documentation of a $68MM loan workout respecting a mixed-use project consisting of more than 326 apartments, 190,000 square feet of retail space and hotel pad sites in New Jersey; Counsel to a secured lender in the negotiation and documentation of multiple loan workouts totaling in the aggregate more than $100MM, involving five assisted living facilities in Connecticut, and four nursing homes and an assisted living facility in Massachusetts; Counsel to a secured lender in the negotiation and documentation of multiple loan workouts involving numerous regional shopping centers and shopping malls located throughout New York State; Counsel to a secured lender in the financing of the acquisition of multiple nursing home and hospice care facilities; Defense of a secured lender in lender liability litigation; Commercial collections for secured and unsecured lenders in New York State and Federal Courts
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating
- BA Economics, Magna cum laude, Union College, Schenectady, NY, 1983
- Banking; Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights; Commercial Real Estate; Business/Corporate; Commercial
Last Updated: 5/15/2022